Regrets - Norman

Norman X Reader
Angst

Norman have so many regrets on his life but this regret is the biggest one out of all his regrets...

( Also Norman is in the lab thing )
________________________________

'Maybe one day we'll get married Norman'

'I'll write you letters and I won't ever forget you'

'I'll try to visit you if my parents will let me'

'I'm sorry I couldn't be as smart as you, Emma and Ray'

'I love you Norman'

'Goodbye Norman..'

Norman woke up gasping for air 'This nightmares..' Norman reached for his head.

Her words echoed in Norman's head "I'm sorry I'm so sorry" Norman cried as he gripped his hair "I'm so sorry I can't protect you."

"You died at such a young age Y/N..." Norman said while wiping his tears that spill uncontrollably from his eyes "And it's all because I couldn't protect you."

'Don't cry Norman'

Norman's eyes widened "Y/N?!" he tried to look everywhere but there's no sign of the girl
"Y/N.." Norman sighed in despair.

Norman chuckled bitterly "You're the only one who can make me feel this way you know?" Norman sighed.

-Flashback ( They were still 5 )

"Good job you three I'm so proud!" Isabella announced hugging the top three students in their orphanage.

Y/N looked at Norman with admiration and envy 'Wow I want mama to praise me like that..' then Isabella looked at Y/N.

"Y/N you have to improve next time" Isabella said with pity and Y/N frowned "Ok mama.." Y/N said disappointedly.

Then she felt a hand on her head she looked up to see Norman staring down at her "It's fine Y/N" Norman said trying to comfort the girl.

Y/N felt happy 'I don't care about the score as long as I have Norman by my side' Y/N thought "Thank you Norman I'm sorry that I couldn't do better at my test" Y/N said sincerely making Norman blush.

"You don't need to apologize it's fine" Norman said 'I don't want you to be hard on yourself..' Norman thought.

His eyes widen as Y/N hugged him "I love you Norman " Y/N smiled 'She doesn't mean it that way Norman she's way to innocent' Norman mentally scolded himself.

Norman just kept quiet he didn't know how to respond because he was way to scared to say those 3 words back to her, Y/N didn't notice the blush on his face.

"Come on Norman let's play!"

Y/N dragged Norman outside to where the other kids are.

--End of Flashback--

A bitter chuckle left Norman's lips "Do you really mean it when you said you love me?" Norman asked while still in tears.

"Why do you make it so hard for me?" Norman reached for his drawer and he took out Y/N's
teddy bear.

-Flashback- ( They're 7 )

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Norman!" all the kids chirped "Norman!"
Y/N yelled "here this is for you" Y/N handed him the most valuable thing she had.