42-Wilted Flowers

╔═══════════════╗

LIANA heard the shuffling of feet from the floor below and she dashed out of the bedroom without a second glance to Ron or Hermione. Harry had finally arrived, hopefully unscathed from the dementors. When she got to the banister she paused, it was like the muscles in her body just shut down as she just looked down to where Harry was standing.

He looked even better than he had in fourth year. He had cut his hair, grown rather a lot and his features suddenly seemed sharper and more defined. He had to be at least six foot now. Through his tight t shirt that he always seemed to wear she thought she could see the outlines of muscles. Quidditch had definitely done this boy well. Every thing about him just seemed more handsome than ever.

Liana felt a blush rise up her cheeks and she leant against the banister, a faint smile on her lips as she watched Harry and Sirius embrace in a brother like way. Slowly, she crept down the stairs, brushing her curls behind her ears nervously as she wandered down to stand beside Remus, waiting for Harry to turn and see her.

"Liana-" Harry faltered from hugging Remus as he spotted Liana standing beside the man. His eyes widened and he felt the familiar roar of the beast in his chest, only this time stronger, as if the creatures was breathing hot flames into his stomach.

"Oh yes that's quite alright- no need to notice the rest of us," Scoffed Tonks under her breath as she gave Sirius a look.

However neither Harry nor Liana seemed to hear her.

Liana stood up straighter, suddenly feeling the eyes of Sirius, Tonks , Remus and Molly all drifting up to her now where she stood, her lips parting in thought as her ocean blue eyes met with soft forest green for the first time in a month.

Liana hadn't grown much taller, maybe half an inch barely, but she had cut off most of her long, wild red hair and instead the sleek curls grazed her shoulders. Harry noted, as Liana hovered in the corner, how her blue eyes popped, smooth black eyeliner smoked over each lid subtly. 

His mouth opened slightly and he found himself at a loss for words. She was even more perfect than he remembered and the light blush that swept across her pale cheeks gave her an ethereal kind of look.

There was also the unavoidable fact that the last time they had been together they had kissed. Twice. With Harry then proceeding to ignore Liana's letters all summer. He didn't even read a single one, instead, the second he had caught sight of the familiar looping handwriting he had crumpled them up and shoved them in his trunk. He couldn't bear to be reminded of the nightmares that had plagued him, and he refused to drag Liana into his mess.

The two stared wordlessly at each other for a few seconds, drinking in each others appearances. The tension in the air was heavy and undeniable. But the silence that had descended was soon interrupted by Sirius coughing loudly and when Liana looked over to the man he waggled his eyebrows suggestively, a smirk on his lips as he tossed his dark hair.