Five

Katherine was quiet coming in. Katherine asked Rosalie to stay with her and she obliged.

Walking up the stairs, she watched Bella walk out of the bathroom and was shocked to see Rosalie Hale in her house. Bella looked at Katherine who looked a wreck and noticed her lip.

"Oh my god Kat! What happened to you?"

"She got jumped in Port Angeles, I saw and helped her home after, as you can see." Rosalie's voice sounded strained as she tried to hold the anger in her voice. Rosalie was angry. She wanted to kill them. Come for them one by one. But she couldn't risk exposing her family. ALice and her were lucky they weren't seen when they struck the men down, and how they did it didn't look abnormal to humans.

They entered Katherine's bedroom, Katherine kicked her shoes off before instantly hiding away in bed. Rosalie closed the door and sat down at her desk.

Katherine peaked her head from her comforter and stared blankly into the ceiling. She stayed like that for awhile feeling numbness coarse through her. She has gotten texts from Kelly but they were left ignored. She couldn't tell anyone. It was too humiliating for her. And yet here is someone whose seen her like this....vulnerable.

Katherine felt violated, she just wanted to crawl out of her skin. Tears burned in her eyes. A noise was bit back. She wanted to scream. She wanted to cry. She wanted to die in that moment.

She remembers back to a year ago where this happened only it went further than what happened that night. That's how she lost her virginity.

Out of the corner of her eye Rosalie sat at her desk, her golden eyes piercing into Katherine. Katherine wasn't bothered. Turning on her side to face the blonde angel she just stared back. It was like that for awhile. None of them spoke but it wasn't awkward, it was...calming.

She recalled the events that happened earlier, of Alice and Rosalie. The two of them stopped four decently built guys and neither of them looked strong enough to take them on. It seemed almost impossible. And how did they know? Katherine didn't see Alice's car there before she was grabbed so how did they know what was happening?

Katherine didn't know the answers to those questions but right now she didn't want to know.

"How are you?" Rosalie spoke softly.

"Tired." She bluntly replied. Rosalie stood up and walked over to her bed sitting down at the edge. Katherine's eyes were glued on Rosalie. She constantly felt this lure towards her, like a magnet, constantly being pulled in when close.

"Can you lay with me?" Katherine quietly asked. She was unsure where this big sense in trust for Rosalie came from but deep down it felt right. That she can trust her. Rosalie gazed at her fondly. She nodded, before moving to lay besides the brunette who was nestled in her comforter.

She laid there stiff as a board.

"Thank you." Katherine whispered closing her eyes finally. Katherine reached out and rested her hand onto Rosalie's arm. She shivered at the touch, but didn't mind it in that moment as she slowly started drifting off to sleep.

-

When Katherine woke up  the next morning Rosalie was gone. Checking her phone finally she saw 3 texts from Kelly and 1 from Rosalie.

'I had to go home, I'll pick you up for school if you plan on going.'~ Rosalie

She checked the time and it was a bit passed 7am.

When she heard a knock on her door she wanted to crawl into a hole.

"Come in." She weakly called out.

"How you feeling kiddo?" Charlie peeked his head in, he was dressed in his police uniform.

"Okay I guess." He came more into the room.

"Can you describe him at all?"

"Dad I'm not in the mood to be interrogated first thing in the morning." He sheepishly smiled.

"Sorry. Uh I called the school and said you were sick. Just relax for the day. I'm leaving for work and Bella will be leaving for school. Call me if you need anything. All right?" Katherine nodded. Charlie started making his way out of the room.

-

Katherine made sure to text Rosalie to tell her she wasn't going to school that day. Since both her sister and father were gone she left her room and to the kitchen to get a bite to eat.

Katherine's stomach was grumbling but as she looked at the contents of the fridge and cabinets she couldn't muster an appetite, though she wasn't surprised. Thoughts of the night before started to creep up on her, her eyes stung as hot new tears formed. Her hands gripped the edge of the kitchen counter. Clamping her eyes shut she felt the tears roll slowly down her face. Sniffling, she wiped the tears away, a small cry escaping her lips.

'Stop it you're fine!' She mentally screamed at herself. She took a deep breath, as she left the kitchen to crawl back into the comfort of her room.

She laid, curled up in bed. Her chest felt heavy, her limbs weak. She was starting to tremble.

"You are fine." Katherine whispered to herself, as she laid on her back. She counted mentally in her head as she did small breathing exercises to calm herself.

Katherine felt her breathing become more under control. She sighed softly, her eyes staring up at the ceiling.

Buzz

Her head turned to the side towards her phone which buzzed away underneath her other pillow. Reaching for it, she squinted her eyes to read the caller I.D..

Rosalie Hale.

She stared at her phone as it rang, contemplating on whether or not she should answer. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

Before she could decide the call ended. She went to her contacts and pulled Rosalie's number up, her thumb hovering over the green call button, before pressing down on it.

She picked up on the second ring.

"Hello." As always Rosalie's voice sounded like an angel, and to Katherine it meant much more to her now, but today she couldn't muster another emotion to divert her from her current feelings.

"Hey." Katherine's voice was slightly hoarse from crying 30 minutes prior.

"Do you want to take a ride with me?" Katherine's eyes flickered to her digital clock. It was almost 1 but Katherine wasn't going to ask why Rosalie wasn't in school.

"If you don't want to I understand." Rosalie added. Katherine hardly thought about it.

"No I-" She cleared her throat. "I can't right now." She said quietly, moving so she can lay back down.

"Okay. Well do you need anything?" Rosalie asked. Katherine's eyes glazed over, she went quiet.

"Katherine?" Katherine covered her mouth as tears slowly slid down her face. She couldn't stop thinking about it. What happened a year ago, what happened the night before.

The night before. That's what brought back the memories of Katherine's past trauma, and for it to almost happen again brought back the fear, the humiliation, and the pain.

"I have to go." She responded quickly, her voice cracking, making it obvious that she was crying. She hung up and clamped her phone shut before shoving it under her pillow as she pulled the blanket over her head, letting out a cry.

~

Vote/Comment

robbstark_