Chapter Nineteen.

                    RAMONA LAID IN THE BED, she was still up and she swore, she heard something outside or maybe it was her mind playing tricks on her. She sighs because she didn't want to wake up  Cain. She can hear Agnes barking so rapidly but Cain had a stressful day so he was knocked out cold. Ramona hears some rustling coming from outside and she gasped then she leans forward, she shakes Cain. "C-Cain, I think there's someone or something outside because Agnes is going crazy." Ramona panicked and he raises up, he wipes his face and yawns. "What?" He questioned and before she could hear anything else, Agnes's barking became louder and aggressive then it turned into loud whimpers. Cain hurries up and he goes into his closet to retrieve Chip's gun. Ramona's eyes went wide as she sees Cain walk out. "Cain, what the hell? I thought we talked about-"

"It sounds serious 'Mona." Cain tells her and he puts a shell into the gun. Cain walks out the room and Ramona gets up, she follows behind him and the loud barks seem to get louder and louder, Cain got to the backdoor of the kitchen, he looks at Ramona and she stood behind the kitchen wall. He turns back to the door, he unlocks it slowly and swings it open. Agnes comes running, she was all bloody and whatever it was attacking her looked like it took half of her face. Cain looked at Agnes who was running to Ramona, she was whimpering and whining. Cain steps out the door he held up his gun, he sees this large looking Doberman that belonged to the Porters running away with blood around its mouth. Cain didn't believe in killing animals but that dog obviously was rabid, he aimed and with a loud pop the dog's body dropped to the floor.

Ramona comes out and she looks at Cain. "Y-You shot a dog!" Ramona yelled at him and Cain ignored her screaming as he walks out towards the dog that was dead. He picked it up and Ramona let out a scream of frustration as she covered her face. Cain dropped the dog on the back porch, he sees the dog just foaming around the mouth and he looks at Ramona. "The dog was rabid and could've attacked someone else, the Porters kept this dog out on a chain during the night but it's odd because I see no collar or anything on that sort on this dog." Cain tells her and she felt a little bit better but when Agnes comes ou, Cain was completely mortified, never in his life has seen a dog shake and cry in pain. Ramona cooed as she leans down, she examined Agnes's face and Cain, he sits the gun down and he sits next to Ramona and he motions for the dog to get into his lap and she did just that. "My baby." Cain muttered and he rubs the side of his face because he didn't know what to do.

"Cain, the dog took her ear and it looks to be her eye as well. We need to take her to the vet." Ramona tells him and he strokes Agnes's back. "There's one vet place but it's not open till six." He tells her and Ramona knew it was about three in the morning. "We-We can put her on ice and I can try to disinfect her to hold her off till the morning if.. She holds off to the morning." Ramona tells him and Cain shakes his head as his eyes welled up. "Ramona.. I don't know what I would do if I lose her. Not to sound horrible but she was there for me before you and she's just everything to me." He tells her and Ramona nodded because she understood plus she didn't like dogs but Agnes was the only dog that she ever liked but loved. "Hey, it's okay, I understand but I hate to admit but I feel the same way because she's our baby."She tells him and he smiles a little, he kisses her head and he gets up. Cain carries Agnes into the house.