Chapter Four: Self Defense Class Works

I poked my head out of the bathroom and saw no Klaus, Stefan, or Jackson anywhere. So, I tussled my hair and started thinking about Jenna, which made me cry and look distressed. Then, I threw the bathroom door back open and went running only to collide with a solid chest. 

I looked up to see Klaus standing there with a stupid smirk on his face. "Well?" He called out. 

I turned and saw Stefan carry Mary out of the bathroom. "You were right; the girl took Mary out." 

"Well, aren't you the badass little human, however, enough playtime." Klaus then grabbed my waist and threw me over his shoulder. 

Throwing caution to the wind, I started screaming. "Help! Please help me! They're kidnapping me! Please!" The group of men I saw when walking into the bathroom did nothing but continue to smoke and chat. 

They must have been compelled. Huffing, I started hitting and kicking, my feet aiming for the one place that I knew Klaus would down if hit. My aim held true, and Klaus let go of me, sending me face first into the pavement as he doubled over. 

Not wasting a second to cry over my now probably broken nose, I got up and started to run. I got pretty far, considering I was trying to run from three vampires one of them being an original. Alas, all good things must end, and a pair of hands grabbed me in a bear hug and yanked me into their chest. 

I wasn't too worried, thinking it was Klaus or Stefan. Even with the former being off the wagon so to speak, I don't think he would hurt me and risk losing Elena. However, when the voice started to talk, I learned how very wrong I was. "Just a taste." Jackson had grabbed me, which didn' bode well for my health. 

His teeth pierced the thin skin covering my neck, and he started to drink. There was sizzling, and he pulled back, but as I fought to get away, he seemed to become more involved with the hunt than the actual taste of my blood and went back in for more. This time, he didn't stop. Involuntarily, I screamed and struggled, tearing at my neck as his teeth acted like razor blades raking across my throat every time I moved. Blood ran down my neck and onto my chest, thick and hot, reminding me that I was dying. 

Reminding me that someone was killing me. 

Energy started to leave me the more he drank. I stopped struggling as hard, though my hands still weakly pushed at his face. I knew my time was running out. 

Then, in an instant, Jackson was gone, and I was falling before being caught and led to the ground gently by someone else. 

By this time, I had lost enough blood to mess with my vision, making everything blurry and dark. It was like looking through murky water. Ineffective. 

"Damn it, Love. Why did you have to do that?" A voice asked me softly. Then there was a wet chomping noise, teeth piercing skin and I started to panic. I thought that someone else was drinking from me again and was prepared to fight until my final breath. But there was no pain, two seconds later a pressure was at my mouth. 

I clamped it shut. I had been here before; I knew not to open my mouth if I couldn't even see straight. It meant someone had slipped me something and whatever was going on was not wanted. 

"Open your mouth; you'll die." His voice sounded echo-y, and for a moment I considered giving in. Then I thought better and shut my jaw harder. This didn't make the man happy because soon enough I felt a hand on my jaw pinching until my lips parted and he could press whatever he wanted into my mouth. 

Blood filled my mouth and ran down my throat. Slowly, sensation came back to me, and I could see clearly. My mind wasn't fogged any more, and I remembered my surroundings. I wasn't at the frat parties my friends used to drag me to. He wasn't here. Instead, it was Klaus. His wrist was pressed against my lips, and I knew what was happening. 

Klaus wasn't trying to hurt me; he was trying to save me. 

So I complied and drank some more blood until everything felt better. 

When I pulled back, I took a moment to breathe a little and look at my surroundings. Jackson was pacing not a few feet away, his face showing the signs of bloodlust, Stefan stood in front of him with Mary's body abandoned in the grass behind Stefan as he focused on keeping Jackson from killing me. 

I could tell from Stefan's stiff back and clenched fists though that he was trying not to turn and tear me apart too. 

Klaus sat with me laying on his lap and was the only one who didn't show visible signs of hunger. He just looked concerned, almost genuinely so. I almost felt sorry for running the reminded myself that I wasn't actually the one at fault here and all feelings of guilt subsided. 

I sat up slowly, allowing my head some time to adjust to everything that had happened. "What the hell were you thinking? There are three vampires here; you weren't going to get far! Why did you try to run!" Klaus shouted at me once he realized that I was okay and I wasn't going to run again. 

"I'm sorry, I am being held captive for god knows what reason by the man who killed two-thirds of my only surviving family, why do you think I ran?" I shouted back in distress. Tears were rolling down my face now that I was safe. The adrenaline had started to curve, and I realized how close to death I came. I started to cry. "I'm scared; I want to go home." 

It appeared that though the Original Hybrid was good at many things including blackmail, compulsion, murder, kidnapping, and being diabolical he was not good at dealing with distressed women. At least, not distressed women who he couldn't just compel to be okay again. He started to fidget as I continued to cry sadly, the fear of never seeing my siblings again, of dying alone and without love and so far from home held me in a vice grip, and I couldn't handle much else. 

"Hey now, it's okay." Klaus awkwardly patted my back. I paused slightly and looked at him incredulously. Looking affronted by my confused stare, Klaus huffed. "I'm trying here! What do you want me to do; cry with you?"Then, despite everything I started to laugh. He looked so helpless that I couldn't help my self. Soon enough, tears were racing down my cheeks as I laughed at the original Hybrid. "Stefan! She's broken!" 

This only made me laugh harder.

Eventually, I had calmed down from my near psychotic break enough for Klaus to get me back in the car and for Jackson to get the car moving again. Through all of this, I spared Jackson many weary looks, my hand going to my neck on a few occasions. 

"He's compelled not to go after you now. He won't hurt you again." Klaus spoke up thirty minutes into the ride. I jumped slightly but nodded. "You should get some sleep." 

Snorting, I looked over at the Original Hybrid. "I have slept for the better part of forty-eight hours. I think I'm good on sleep." 

His blue eyes stared deep into my own hazel eyes, and he moved his face closer to mine. "You nearly died today, albeit of your own stupidity but either way. Traumatic experiences are best healed with sleep and rest, not senselessly exhausting resources you don't have to stay awake and watch a dark scenery go by. If something interesting happens, I will wake you, but for now, sleep." 

After a moment of consideration as I battled off a yawn, I decided that both fights were fruitless and pointless. So, yawning I nodded and rested my head back, letting my eyes fall shut, and my world go dark. Before I was completely out, I felt my head start to slide and land on something warm and solid. I snuggled closer and let out a contented sigh. 

I didn't dream that night.