CHAPTER THIRTEEN ━ NOT IN FRONT OF THE KID

(chapter thirteen.) not in front of the kid
❝ WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE DUMBASS. ❞

 ❞

POET HEADED TOWARDS HER NEPHEW'S GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE NOT too far away from the Hargreeves home. She was still aching from the wound on her shoulder and torso and the fact that everything was literally aching.

As soon as she arrived to the house, she saw her nephew just starting to open the door with his grandma behind him, smiling warmly at the girl. Poet got out of the car after turning the ignition off and headed towards the two. She hugged her nephew, Paris, first.

"Missed you, munchkin," Poet said, kissing her nephew's forehead. He mumbled the same thing back to her, pulling away from her to hug his grandmother. Poet smiled. When Paris pulled away from his grandmother, Poet patted his back. "Go wait in the car. There's candy and chips that I bought on my way here."

Paris smiled, heading towards the car as he waved at his grandmother one more time.

Poet turned to face at Paris' grandmother, hugging her. That's what Poet loved about the family. They were all so kind and nice and were the ones that helped Poet win custody of Paris after Paris' aunt wanted to take him. But the aunt was unstable and only wanted Paris to experiment on him after finding out Poet and Julian had powers.

"How are you?" Paris' grandmother, Vivian, asked, her eyebrows furrowed together in worry. She placed her fingers on her shoulder, her fingers brushing against the healing wound. Poet hissed, jumping a few feet behind.

"Vivian," Poet whined. Vivian looked at her before she averted her eyes towards the wound on her shoulder that was already bleeding.

"You can't hide your pain from me, Poet," Vivian shook her head, a smile gracing her lips. There came a time where the world feared for their lives when multiple men and women were found murdered brutally and were thrown away in the trash. Everybody was afraid that they were to be next, killed just as the people they saw on TV and newspaper. When footage came out off two kids running away from the last murder scene wearing masks that covered their mouths and eyes seperately, the people called them, "The Thrashers."

Julian's girlfriend found out about it and immediately told her mom. They both confronted the twins and the Capulet came clean, rapidly comforted by the two.

"Don't worry, though," Poet smiled tightly, holding her shoulder. "I'm not getting back on that anymore. I don't want to bring Paris anymore danger."

"Are you going to take him to see pictures of his dad and great-great uncle?" Vivian asked, following after Poet as she was heading towards her car. Poet nodded.

"The men are asking for me," Poet chuckled. "I got a call and one of them told me they missed me so I might go tomorrow and take Paris with me. I don't want him to ever forget Julian and his mom."

"Alright," giving Poet one more hug, the woman stood aside, chuckling at her grandson who was eating messily. Poet turned on her car, closing the door and putting on her seat belt, scolding Paris and slapping him on the arm gently to put on his seat belt. Paris laughed, putting it on. Poet shook her head, rolling down the window. "I'll see you guys soon."

"See you soon."

"Love you Grandma!"

"Where are we?" Paris asked as soon as Poet parked her car in front of the Hargreeves' home. Poet unbuckled herself, getting out as Paris followed after, his backpack over his shoulder.

"Allison's house," Poet answered, waiting for Paris to catch up to her. When he did, she opened the fence and the door, only to be greeted by some arguing.

"I thought it was just Allison?" The blue-eyed boy asked, looking up at his aunt who just sighed.

"Yeah, it's the rest of her family, too," Poet said, heading towards where the arguing was coming from. "We were all born on the same day."

"That's crazy," Paris smiled.

They both stopped walking, coming face to face with the Hargreeve siblings all looking in between Luther and Diego. Not a surprise, though, as the two always seemed to be arguing over something.

"Hey Poet," Klaus waved enthusiastically at the girl who waved with the hand that withheld her keys. Klaus smiled at her before he looked down at the boy who was staring at the family with the same confused face Poet had. "Hey, uh... Boy."

"Paris Capulet," Paris introduced, smiling a little at the man. Klaus waved at him and Paris waved back. The family turned to face Poet.

"Hi, Paris," Allison smiled, walking towards the boy and hugging him tightly. Paris smiled, hugging her back. "Oh, you've grown so much."

"We haven't seen each other since a month," Paris chuckled, fixing his backpack's strap. "But, I missed you."

"I missed you, too."

"Who is that?" Diego questioned, a knife in his hand. "Is that the boy you were talking to me about the other day?"

Poet nodded before she looked in between Luther and Diego. She wiggled her finger in between them, furrowing her eyebrows.

"What's happening here?"

"This dick head stole our father's monocle," Luther scoffed and Paris stared at him in shock, eyes running themselves over Luther's chest. But the boy looked away, not wanting to make Luther uncomfortable.

"Not in front of the kid," Klaus said, placing his hands on Paris' ear, to cover them from the bad words Luther said and what Diego might say later on.

"He threw it away, also."

"Look, I knew that if you found it on Mom," Diego said, pointing the knife at Luther, "you'd lose your shit, just like you're doing right now."

"Diego, you won of a bitch," Poet winced, covering Paris' ears from the bad words.

"Watch your language dumbass."

"Hey," Diego immediately went into position, standing in front of Poet and Paris. "No. Calm down."

"Look," Vanya started. "I know Dad wasn't exactly an open book. But I do remember one thing he said. Mom was, well, designed to be a caretaker, but... Also as a protector."

"What does that mean?" Allison questioned.

"She was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy," Vanya answered.

Paris looked up at Poet, who seemed lost by how much she had missed. He sighed, taking out a packet of candy from his backpack. He opened the pack, giving some to Poet and Klaus.

"We're gonna be here listening to them argue for a long time."