Chapter 9: Maid in distress

Fourth Prince Rong Yingming wanted to stay till dinner time but, much to his dismay, his own supposedly good friend literally dragged him out of his residence.

"Bojing, let this prince stays for dinner..."

General Hai Bojing rolls his eyes and says, "Your Royal Highness, you are making everyone else feel uncomfortable with your presence. Please go back to your own residence and stays there. If you really wanted to marry her, you must first tell both of the Emperor and the Empress Dowager of your intention. I do not want my wife and her maidservant to be negatively afflicted with this heart issue of yours."

Fourth Prince Rong Yingming glares at General Hai Bojing as he spitefully says, "Damn it, Hai Bojing! Who did the hell say that he does not want to get married in the first place? You hated it when you knew that you have to call that old fox as "father-in-law". Spineless fool!"

"Oooh... Is that so? Your Royal Highness, you are no longer welcome here. Guards! Shows the Fourth Prince the way out! He is no longer welcome here!

General Hai Bojing turns his body abruptly as he walks towards his study. Fourth Prince Rong Yingming watches his back as he takes a deep breath.

"Damn it, Bojing! You will pay for this! No need to show this prince his way out! It is not like it is my first time being here!"

Fourth Prince Rong Yingming immediately left Hai Residence and immediately goes to the imperial palace as he cunningly plans something.

Unknown to these 2 men, Jinghua is watching them as she hides behind a fake mountain located to where the altercation happened. She stays there until both men are no longer visible along the guards before she calmly walks back to Broken Jade Courtyard.

Jia Huian starts to feel a bit drowsy so she is currently taking a nap while Chuntao is sitting nearby. Chunhua is sitting outside in the back garden as she is thinking about the troublesome prince while Dongmei is in the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Jinghua joins Chunhua in the back garden.

"Chun'er, the Fourth Prince has just left. Before he left, both the General and the Fourth Prince has a bit of altercation. You'll have peaceful days ahead of you for sure."

Chunhua turns her head to look at Jinghua as she smiles, "Good. I do not know how to face His Royal Highness or how to handle him. After all, he is a prince and a good friend of the General. I do not wish to negatively implicate our furen."

Jinghua smiles as she sits next to Chunhua on the same stone bench, "Maybe you should seriously consider the Fourth Prince's offer. Your status will rise if you are to marry him."

Chunhua softly sighs, "Nonsense, Jing'er... I am a mere maidservant and an orphan as well. I am not worthy to be married to the Fourth Prince. I will dedicate myself to serve furen and her children."

"We are maidservants but our furen never mistreat us. The Jia family members treat us with nothing but kindness. If the Fourth Prince is serious and honest with his intention, give it serious thought about it. Who knows that there might be a day that it will be beneficial for our furen and her family."

Chunhua stares at the nearby pond and says, "I know... If it comes to that, I will agree to it. Then I can support our furen and her family. But... That prince annoys me with his playful nature."

"Chun'er, in my point of view, the Fourth Prince is a reliable man. I've heard a rumour that he loves only one woman but that woman chose to enter the harem to be an imperial concubine. He never shows any interest to other women after that and seems to notoriously goes in and out of the brothels just so no one is willing to offer their daughter to be his wife or concubines. I've heard the ladies from the brothels talking about him at the market just a few days ago. According to them, though he frequented their place, he never sleeps with any one of them but paid them handsomely for them to say the opposite."