Chapter 18

*Last chapter*

"I'm glad you guys could come," Angela says as Clara and Michael take a seat. Angela pushes in front of them pieces of shredded papers in front of them. "We got this after we searched Lauren's apartment," Angela informs but before clara could reach for it she pulls it back. "You can't touch it, it would only ruin the evidence, here" she hands Clara a photo of the torn apart papers. "This is a really important piece of evidence more than the video I would risk myself to say" Angela informs as she takes the clear plastic ziplock where the torn papers where.

"I have reasons to believe that the person who wrote this left it on her house wether they left it inside or outside of the house that I do not know, but I know that this person did kept a close watch, this was something that was elaborated and planned beforehand this wasn't something made at the spur of the moment" Angela says.

"What does it even say? All I am seeing is mixed up words!" Clara says in anger standing up from the seat. "How are you even sure this is from her kidnapper!" Clara's features are a mix of anger and confusion.

"Miss Jauregui calm down, I assure you we are doing everything we can to find your daughter" Angela says in a calm manner.

"You aren't doing enough!" She screams with tears now falling down her cheeks. "I have done everything in that fucking contract and this is what I get? A picture of a bunch of torn out papers, when you should be out there breaking down every damn door to find my little girl!" Clara chokes up at her words. She throws the picture of the torn paper in Angela's desk. Her little girl... Gone and probably forever.

Angela just listened to her with a serious expression etched on her face. It's a common thing for family members of a victim to scream at them and judge their work ethics and point fingers as if they actually sit all day and do nothing. So she let's Clara let out all those negative emotions. Michael didn't even seem to be there with them in the first place his body was there but god only knows where his mind is.

"Miss Jauregui" Angela calls adjusting herself in her seat. "I truly understand what you are going through is a difficult time in your life but..."

"How could you understand? You haven't lost your child! You don't know how it feels to have a part of you missing!" Clara was clearly having a mental breakdown at this point. "To feel helpless knowing that she's out there afraid wondering were her parents are!" She screams at Angela. This time Angela stands up placing her hand on her desk with clenched jaw.

"I know how that feels Clara, but you need to understand that we are doing our jobs and if you do not like the way we are handling things I can not help you with that. And if you will excuse me I have to leave!" Angela seemed tense as if Clara had touched a delicate subject. Before Clara could continue Angela went out her office closing the door with a loud bang. Everyone seemed to be interested in what was happening in that office until they saw Angela.

(Later that night)

It was three in the morning and Angela kept reviewing the evidence at hand something was missing in that case and she didn't exactly know what she feels as if she is over looking an important piece of evidence. Placing down photo of the torn letter she read the bits and pieces she has. She spent hours changing and organizing words in hopes to get something that made sense but this is the closest she has come to it and it wasn't going to get better than this.
_______
- roses, means love other vengeance. Both beautiful different, like you Lauren. You've saddened me and for that I've punished you I saw fitting, you've missed me, The ticking and you recognize who I am ove." -C
__________

Yeah she is missing pieces but it wouldn't get better than that at the moment. This time Angela stands up reading it out loud a few times.

"Shit" Angela says taking a pen and quickly writing something down on her papers.

"She had already met them before!" Angela exclaims. She starts a list, the list consists of people that Lauren had met months before her time of disappearance, name after name were written down on that yellow sheet of paper until it hit her again, she already has a letter of the name, it was only a letter but still this was important. The list consisted of five names.

And the only "C" she had in the list was next to the man that Lauren was casually going out with.

Tyler Calderwood.

Angela traces circles around the name with a red pen. Maybe it's time for Angela to start an investigation. She only had the basic information of him. Tyler Calderwood a man in his forties, works as a CEO in a small company.

Angela's first thought was "why?" Why go out with a man in his forties when she's so young? It didn't make sense to her. At her age Angela was more focused on her studies so she could become the person she is today. But today's youth was different far more complicated that what it used to be back then. Things have changed and in certain areas for the better. This youth is more focused on making a change and standing up for their rights and what they believe in or so she thought, in my opinion we all suck.

Angela takes a step back and relaxes a bit going over of todays event in her head. Thank god for her self control and for walking out earlier on Clara. Angela was sure that if she had stayed and heard another word from Clara she would burst. Clara's situation reminded her so much at the one she experienced fifteen years ago. She had gone through all what Clara has been going through but in a different situation. That's why she decided to go back to college in her mid thirties to help other people not feel as helpless as she felt in that situation. She even quit her dream job as a nurse to become what she is today. 

|-/
*Sike*

A/N: I decided to update you girls seeing as I finished my first trimester (Idk if thats the word) and had the time to finish this chapter. The next update will be up in a month or two, so excuse me before hand! So yeah hope you girls like it!

Posdata chicas Wish me luck finding some friends cause I suck at it! Remember to vote on this story!!!