Chapter 37

Kris' POV (continued)

I woke up the next morning still tired and developing a huge headache luckily an attending nurse check on me and gave me some pill for my head pain. I stayed in bed for a couple of minutes looking at my lock screen, it was of my family, I was sitting on the grass while Katrin was laying down with her head on my lap, Andy was hugging me from behind smiling cutely and Anne is sitting by Katrin's stomach chewing her hand. It was perfect, we were perfect.

I decided on taking a shower but not before covering my arm with some plastics, I let the water massage my head while feeling the water pouring all over me I couldn't help but start crying again. Crying for not being enough as a partner, crying for not being a good father, and crying for not being normal. God, what had I got myself into? I hope my love can surpass the pain but it can't.

Focusing on getting myself clean, I'm making sure to look decent enough for the office. Looking at my self in the mirror while being covered by a towel I could definitely say that I'm not normal, maybe that's why she chose him, maybe I should just let her be with him at least she could flaunt and be all over him in public unlike with me.

I did promise her to always choose her, choose everything that's good for her and to her, choose her happiness over me and all the best for her, I sigh at my thought. I have to think of how will the separation affect my kids, will I still have rights to Anne? What's the best way to handle this and avoid casualties?

My phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts and immediately answered it

"Hello?" I ask

"Hey Kris!" it was Terry being her cheerful self.

"Oh! Hi Terry! Why are you calling?" I ask a bit confused about why she's calling me.

"Kristoff told me to come and get you, I'm actually at the lobby waiting" she said.

"Oh! Okay. Just give me 10 minutes and I'll be down" I said picking my clothes for the day.

"Okay! I can't wait to see you! Bye" she ended the call full of energy.

I quickly put my clothes on and tried to fix my hair, I really need to cut my hair shorter it's becoming too hard to manage. I wore the only denim pants available and a white shirt under my navy blue hoody and white rubber shoes. I look good, not perfect but this will have to do. I quickly rode the elevator down and look for Terry in the lobby.

"Kris!!" Terry shouted making me turn and suddenly someone pounce on me like a ball and gave me a death grip.

"Te-r Can-n't bre-ath" I said choking by her hold.

"Sorry" she said releasing me.

"it's okay, I miss you Terry" I said smiling big at her.

"I miss you too Kris! especially the kids" she said looking me up and down like a cat.

"what's with your serious face Terry?" I ask smiling at her cuteness.

"what happened to your hand? and what's that on your face?" she said pulling my sleeves up and looking at my forehead.

"I'll tell you later, let's go! Kristoff must be waiting for us now" I said trying to avoid inquisition.

"Okay! but you owe me some explaining later! I mean it!" Terry said putting both of her hands by the hips looking like a scolding mother.

"Okay" I said raising both hands up surrendering.

"Let'go!" she said pulling me outside where her car is already waiting. Yap! this shorty drives herself.