Chapter 2

As I stood there watching them put my mom into the ground, I started to cry. The tears flowed like on the day she died.  I couldn't believe she was gone, and now, now I have to go live with my dad. The man who walked out on us. He left us when I was so young. For what, who knows, and who cares. My mom is gone, and my legs might not ever work again.

          "Anthony, it is time to go," my dad said.

          As he started to push my wheelchair away, I had this weird feeling. There was something about my dad that I had never expected, but I didn't know what it was. It felt peaceful and honest. when we got to the truck, my dad helped me out of my chair and into the truck. It was a red 1995 GMC. When I was in he put my wheelchair in the back of the truck and got in. He started the truck and we started the drive home.

          "Listen, Anthony, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, I really did," he started.

          "I don't care," I yelled at him. "You disappeared, and you think I want to hear your apology."

          He looked down and then back at the road. I could tell that he was hurt by what I said, but I don't care. He vanished, so he deserves whatever he gets. When we reached his house, it wasn't what I had expected. The house was really organized, and there was a book shelf full of books.

"You can read any one of them that you like," my dad said.

I realized that I had just been staring at the books for a while and he had noticed. I pretended to loose interested, but some of them looked really interesting. I rolled by the coffee table to see there was a big black book, with red and black lettering inside. I went closer to read it, and the first words I read where, For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that who so ever believes in him shall not perish, but shall ever lasting life. I looked at my dad, for a second I thought to forgive. I watched him tidy up the house a little bit. He stopped and looked at me.

"Hey, do you need something," he asked smooth voice.

"Ya," I said snapping out of that feeling. "I don't know where my bedroom is."

"Oh, right, sorry," he said while walking towards me. He pushed me down the hall, then opened a door into a room with tan wall, a bed with black and white bedding on it, and a dresser next to a desk with a computer. "I didn't know what kind of stuff you like, so I tried my best," he said looking around the room.

"Thank you," I said, a little less anger in my voice.

He left the room and went to get my stuff out of the truck. I rolled over to the computer and turned it on. I heard the fan start blowing as the screen came to life. The background was a picture of a calm beech, with almost golden sand, and the water was so crystal clear, almost looking like a sea of glass. For some reason, this picture brought me so much peace that I sat there studying it. It didn't feel like ever long that I was looking at the picture, when my dad said something from behind me.

"Do you like it," he asked. I looked at the clock in the corner of the screen, almost an hour had passed.
"Ya, I guess," I said back, in a not so nice tone. But in truth, I didn't just like this picture, I loved it. I rolled over to my bed and tried to get in. My dad ran over to help but I told his I could do it myself. That's when I fell face first at the ground. But before I hit it, I felt two powerful arms around me and some one lifted me up into my bed. I looked and my dad was the person. He helped me with my blankets. Then put a bell on my wheelchair.

"Ring this if you need anything," he said. "I'll get it for you as fast as I can." He walked out of my room, closing the door and turning off the light. For some reason, I felt that there was a ton of invisible guards around the house to protect us. With that thought I fell right to sleep.