Chapter 28 - A white flag

Draco's POV

"Could we talk alone?" My father asked firmly.

"Umm... I have to go. See you later." Milan said and walked out, closing the door behind him.

I stood up and placed my hands into my pockets as I approached him.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked dryly.

He sat down on the chair without replying and pointed to me to sit. I frowned and sat down on the chair opposite him.

"How is Mira?" He asked.

I raised my eyebrow, giving him a mocking smirk. "Since when have you started thinking of Mira?"

He rolled his eyes. I ran my hand through my hair and leaned my elbows on my thighs, looking down.

 I ran my hand through my hair and leaned my elbows on my thighs, looking down

"I talked to David yesterday. He told me what happened between you and Mira." He declared.

"Oh. Finally, you decided to listen to us." I mocked.

"Draco! Will you listen to me without your insults?" He said angrily.

I rolled my eyes and gestured to him to continue with a hand gesture.

"I want you and Mira to move to the mansion. At least, till giving birth. Then you can move to the mansion which I gave you on your 20th birthday." I looked at him with wide eyes, totally surprised. "And I want you to continue working in our company. I want my sons by my side." He stated.

"By your side? You have to think about it before kicking me out." I commented under my breath sarcastically.

He breathed deeply. "I know I said bad things, but I am..." He paused, sighing. "I am sorry." He apologized.

I took a deep sigh and stood up. I ran my hand through my hair, closing my eyes.

"Dad, it isn't just me. You told awful things to Mira. You humiliated her in front of everyone. Especially in front of her family. She didn't do anything bad. It wasn't her fault nor mine. Do you know how bad she felt? Or how long was she crying? And me. Do you know how bad I felt when the woman, who I am deeply in love, cried in front of me, and I couldn't stop her from crying?" I confessed.

He sighed. "I am really sorry, Draco. I will apologize to her too. And I will talk to Paul and try to soften him up." He said, giving me an apologetic look. "Let's forget the past. Come back home." He suggested.

"Thank you for your invitation." I said sarcastically. "But we are fine, and we don't need your money." I stated dryly.

"Draco, I know you don't need it, and I am aware that you are angry at me about things I have done. But believe me I am really sorry about it. And now it isn't time to be stubborn. Think about Mira and your babies." He said.

"I always think about them, Dad. You don't need to remind me." I snapped.

"Mira needs someone beside her when you are working. Don't forget what the doctor said." He commented.

"She isn't alone. Rose is accompanying her when I am at work. And don't pretend that you care about Mira nor my sons." I stated firmly, trying to control my anger.

"Of course, I care. She is my daughter-in-law and the children that she is carrying, are my grandchildren." He said, frustrated and stood up.

I nodded with a mocking look. He frowned.

"Draco, don't be stubborn. Why will you live in someone else's house or work for someone else when you have everything?" He asked. "What is mine is my children's. Yeah, I accept that taking your credit cards, keys and talking to Dan about firing you were bad ideas. I wanted to give you a lesson. I just wanted you to be responsible and stopped acting as a reckless womanizer. I didn't think that you really loved her. I thought you were just playing around and didn't care that she was your brother's fiancee. Then when you found out about her pregnancy, you decided to take responsibility for your behaviour." He stated.

"Neither I knew it was her, nor she knew. And..." I paused and bit my lower lip. "I fell in love with Mira at first sight." I confessed. He gave me a questioning look. "But I tried to stay away from her. I always kept my distance. I couldn't do it to David. And I swear that night I didn't really know it was her. But fate brought us together. She was the best birthday gift I have ever received." I confessed. "And my little boys." I added, smiling.

"I understand you, Draco. I should listen to you and Mira. I can not change the past. But I can change the future. Give me a change." He said, looking at me hopefully.

"I can't decide without asking Mira. She is my wife. And if she refuses, you will respect her decision." I declared firmly.

"Ok. I will wait for your call." He said, giving me a smile. I nodded.

****

I placed my hands into my pockets as the elevator door opened.

As soon as I walked into the penthouse, Mira met me at the door.

"Before you ask I will tell. We are okay." She said, placing her hands on her hips.

"Good!" I mumbled, running my hand through my hair and approached her.

"Are you okay?" She asked, worried.

"Dad..." I murmured and sighed. She raised her eyebrow, intrigued. "He visited me at work."

"What?!" She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Yes." I replied and went towards the couch.

I took a deep breath and sat down on the couch. I held my head in my hands.

She placed her hand on her stomach and walked towards me. She sat down beside me on the couch.

"What did he say?" She asked.

"He wants us to move to the mansion and told me to work in our company again." I replied.

She looked at me, dumbfounded, her mouth agape.

"Are you serious?" She asked, confused.