Roses Are Red

With Valentine's Day coming up, Jason decides to be an ass.

Warning: cussing, sibling rivalry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Pizza:

Jason carried his hot and fresh pizza to the table. Alfred glared at his choice in lunch, but it was also Alfred's day off, so they were on their own for food.

"Oh, pizza!" Dick cheered, his eyes lighting up.

Tim was beside him, eyes zoning in on the box. Damian scoffed, but followed his (not) better behaved brothers towards Jason. Jason allowed this, setting the box on the table and opening it to reveal its contents. Dick's hand came closer, eager for a bite; Jason smacked him.

"Ow! Hey! Come on, Jay, it's Valentine's!"

And rather than normally shooting him down (with boring, normal words) a thought came to him.

"Roses are red. Pizza sauce is too. I ordered a large pizza, and none of it's for you. Happy Valentine's Day, Dickie."

Dick pouted, Jason smirked and tauntingly ate his first slice of pizza, while the others chuckled (scoffed in amusement, in Damian's case) quietly, trying not to.

Once more, Dick tried to snatch a piece from Jason, failing horribly.

"Jason!" he yelped. He turned to Bruce, who had just entered the room. "Bruce, Jay won't share!"

"Bruce, Dick won't leave me and my pizza alone!"

Said guardian exhaled heavily, choosing to not intervene with his adopted sons' squabble. No, he learned to let them settle it themselves (unless it involved physically harming or trying to kill each other).

"Bruce!" Dick called.

Bruce continued on, walking to the kitchen to fix supper for him and Alfred (It's his day off; he needs to relax).

Bruce reappeared a few minutes later, two bowls of salad in hand. He rose an eyebrow, watching his oldest two sons fight over the contents in the cardboard box. Jason, in his boots, kicked at Dick's torso.

They paused their antics, waiting for Bruce to say something.

When he said nothing, Jason offered, "Roses are red. Cactus are prickly. Might I just say, this escalated quickly."

Bruce handed Alfred his bowl with a sigh. He was ready for the day to be over with (which they still had patrol tonight), and this wasn't helping. "I'll be in my office."

His farewell was a few choice words from Jason to Dick.

"Language!" he shouted back.

"Fuck off, old man!"

Bruce let it slide, not in the mood to deal with anyone's antics.

*******************

Flowers:

Dick walked in the sitting room, glancing around the room. Tim and Bruce were at Sat across from each other, the coffee table separating the couches they claimed. Both had laptops seated in their laps. Bruce sat up, though slouching, eyes glued to the screen. Tim, however, leaned against the arm of the couch, knees brought up, forcing the keyboard at an odd angle but his finger danced across the keyboard just fine. He had just set his coffee mug on a coaster on the table.

Jason and Damian sat closer to the bookshelves, occupying the matching chairs. He sat upright in the seat, one leg curled up, keeping him sinking in the cushions. Damian had a book in his hands; Dick couldn't see the cover, for it was propped by his leg. One hand holding the book steady, the other tucked under his chin. Dropped in a neat pile beside the chair was a pile of what looked to be case files.