Chapter 29 - The forfeit

Draco's POV

"Absolutely." I replied and sighed.

"Why?" She asked, puzzled. "I thought he was still angry at us."

"Probably, after finding out about twins, he softened up and decided to talk to David. And finally, let him explain what really happened." I commented mockingly and shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh." She mumbled. "What did you tell him?" She asked, looking at me.

"Umm... I told him that you are my wife, and I need to ask your opinion. And warned him if you refuse, he has to respect our decision." I replied and held her hand. She squeezed my hand.

"Oh." She mumbled.

"Umm... What do you think?" I asked, looking at her.

She bit her lower lip and sighed. "I don't know. What do you think?"

I sighed as I rested my hand on her stomach and rubbed it gently.

"I... I am angry at him. I can not still forget what he told you and made you cry." I confessed. "But..." I shrugged my shoulders.

She gave a slight smile and stroked my cheek tenderly.

"He was angry at us. It was a big shock for them. I understand him." She murmured, looking down.

I looked at her affectionately. My kind-hearted wife. I cupped her chin, lifting her head.

"I am such a lucky man. I love you, my angel." I confessed, smiling. She gave me a shy smile.

"I love you, too, Draco." She said softly. I smiled and brushed my lips against her lips.

Mira's POV

It had been two weeks since we moved to the mansion. Draco started working at their company again.

His parents acted warmly towards me and took care of me. His father apologized to me and told me he really regretted what he said. He had even talked to my father, but my father was still angry at us. However, my mother told me that he softened up a little. He had even asked my mother how I was the first time since Draco and I told them about us. I hoped that he would forgive us in the future.

I was laying on the bed, leaning against the headboard while stroking my swollen belly. My bump was bigger than before. I couldn't stand so long. Instantly my feet got sore.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and opened it.

"Hey, angel." Draco walked in, giving me a charming smile and closed the door behind him.

"Hey, baby." I gave him a radiant smile.

He approached me and lay down beside me on the bed. He leaned on his elbow and placed a tender kiss on my lips. Then he placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed it gently as he leaned against the headboard. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him and kissed my forehead. I smiled at him and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"How are you?" He asked, still stroking my stomach.

"Fine. And you? How was your day?" I asked and placed my hand on top of his hand on my stomach.

"Perfect! I got an important deal. Dad is on cloud nine." He replied proudly.

"Congratulations. I am proud of you, baby." I said happily and kissed his lips.

"Thanks. It is my boys' luck." He commented softly and placed a soft kiss on my belly. I smiled and stroked his hair. He pulled back and said. "Come on, let's have dinner."

I nodded. He got up and helped me to get up. He held my hand and headed us downstairs.

"Where is David?" Richard asked Draco.

"He has so many important things to do. He will come late." Draco replied, smirking mischievously.

I gave him a questioning look. He gestured to me that he would tell me later. I nodded and continued eating.

After having dinner, his parents went to their bedroom, leaving Draco and me alone. We decided to watch a movie.

I was leaning against his chest while we were watching a movie. His hand was resting on my stomach, his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

Suddenly, the door opened and David walked in hurriedly. He looked messy. His shirt was half untucked while he was holding his jacket in his hand, his hair messy.

"Hey, what happened? Did she kick you out?" Draco asked sarcastically and gave him a wicked grin.

David gave him a dirty look as he snapped. "Don't talk bullshit!"

Draco raised his hand in surrender while his other hand still rested on my shoulder.

"Good night. I am going to bed. I am tired." He said and walked towards the stairs.

"Oh, tired? I hoped so." Draco shouted in mischief.

David mumbled something under his breath and went upstairs. Draco burst out laughing.

"Hey, what is going on?" I asked, intrigued.

"My big bro is in love." He replied, grinning.

"Oh my... Really?" I asked, surprised. He nodded, smiling. "Who is she? Do I know her?" I asked, smiling.

"Elva." He replied.

"Elva? The same Elva?" I asked in surprise.

"The one and only." He grinned.

"Oh." I mumbled, astonished.

"Elva loves him for a while, but Mr. Workaholic hasn't given her attention. But now it seems Elva finally got his attention. And from here, I think Elva got more than attention from my bro tonight." He said, giving me an impish grin and winked at me.

"Draco!" I grimaced as I got what he was implying.

He grinned and pulled me into his chest.

"At least, one of us had fun tonight." He sighed playfully.

"Hmm?" I pulled back and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Angel, I didn't mean it." He pleaded, panicked.

"I hope so." I gave him an intimidating look.

I placed my hand on my stomach and stood up carefully.

"I hope the couch is cozy, and it will not give you a back ache." I added, giving him a devilish look and walked away.

"Mira? You are joking, right?" He pleaded and rushed after me.

I pursed my lips together, trying to hold myself from laughing. I didn't say anything and went to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me.

In a second, Draco walked in and closed the door behind him.

"Angel, I was joking. I love you and our boys. I am so happy with my life." He pleaded.

"Hmm. Are you sure?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Of course, angel." He replied and approached me. He placed his hand on my stomach and said, looking into my eyes. "I am so lucky to have you and these little ones in my life." He cupped my cheek and brushed his lips against mine.