57- Sir Cadogan of Strong Heart and Steel

╔═══════════════╗

STUDENTS stared that early morning as they watched Liana Holly race through the corridors in the same clothes from last night. She was already the talk of the school from the events that had unfolded in the Hufflepuff common room and it took all of Liana's willpower not to stop and smack some of the gossiping onlookers.

Liana had just reached the third floor charms corridor when it struck her that she didn't actually know where Dumbledore's office was. The only two people she thought would know she was definitely not on speaking terms with.

"Lost are we comrade?"

Liana jumped like she had been electrocuted and a sharp pain throbbed in her head from her hangover.

"Sir Cadogan?" Liana asked in shock as she recognised the knight on his stumpy pony trotting along in the portrait beside her. Sir Cadogan reached to salute Liana but instead toppled off his horse with a clatter.

"On foot, fine maiden, we must travel, where is it your heart seeks to go?!" Proclaimed Sir Cadogan, attempting to draw his sword to increase his puny size.

"Um- could you take me to Dumbledore's office?" Liana asked, raising an eyebrow at the tiny yet ferocious man.

"Ah yes- off we travel good lady! On and on! We must persevere against the odds!"

Liana rubbed her throbbing forehead, wishing she could speed him up.

"Oh look a fire breathing, murderous, knight eating dragon- let's hurry!" Liana played along. Sir Cadogan fumbled to fight his way out of the painting he was in at once.

"Onwards!" He would shout every now and then as he led Liana deeper into the heart of the school. Eventually Liana lost track of the way- up a staircase, down a corridor, turn to the left and duck under the tapestry.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Liana doubted as Sir Cadogan finally came to a clanking halt in a portrait of five monks beside a large gargoyle statue blocking a spiral staircase.

"Of course it is dear soul, you can have faith in Sir Cadogan- although I must ask, what happened to the fine folks who accompanied us last time we adventured together?" Asked the knight as he gave up trying to shove his sword back into its scabbard and instead jabbed it into the grass.

"Oh- they um-" Liana struggled for a quick and easy excuse as she recalled Sir Cadogan helping them in third year. "They died," she decided firmly. Sir Cadogan gasped dramatically and clutched a gloved hand to his chain-mailed chest.

"May I ask the cause of death?" He asked gently.

"Pneumonic plague," Liana spoke thoughtfully after a few moments.