60- The Halfbreed Visitor

╔═══════════════╗

THERE was an abrupt clatter as Liana fell into the sooty grate of number 12 Grimmauld place. She coughed as she sat up and brushed her pajama top down. Several faces turned towards her and Grey leapt to his feet from where he had been sitting with the rest of the Weasleys at the kitchen table.

"Are you alright?- What did Dumbledore say?" Pressed Grey as he helped lift her from the fireplace. Liana frowned darkly as she looked down at the ground.

"Nothing worth listening to, he just acted disappointed when I left and said he would speak to me when school started again," she shook her head as she crossed to the table.

Fred and George shifted their chairs to one side to allow Liana to squish in beside Hermione and Ron. Ron immediately shot Fred and George dirty looks and turned his face away from Liana. It was clear he still didn't want to speak to her. Liana just sighed.

"Molly will be here soon with news." Came a voice from the doorway and Liana looked up to see Sirius walked in, clutching a tray of hot chocolates. Sirius placed the tray down carefully on the table.

"Liana, you've arrived- Listen do you think I could have a word with you outside quickly?" Sirius gave her a warning look that clearly told her that she didn't have a choice. Liana rolled her eyes but climbed to her feet again. She didn't want to make a scene, not when Mr Weasley's life was hanging in the balance. She was determined to hold a poker face.

"Harry will probably turn up soon," Liana told Hermione, resting a hand on the bushy haired girls shoulder before she left. Hermione nodded and gave Liana a watery smile. Liana then followed Sirius back out of the kitchen door, he closed it softy behind him and led Liana into the living room where a fire was blazing merrily and there were holly wreaths hung around the mantlepiece.

"Why don't you have a seat?" Sirius offered as he settled himself on the sofa. Liana crossed her arms over her chest defensively.

"I'm fine standing," she protested and hovered in the doorway, making it obvious she just wanted to return to the kitchen and rejoin the others.

"Just sit down." It was Sirius' turn to roll his eyes now and Liana huffed under her breath, choosing the armchair furthest away from Sirius.

"Dumbledore sent a message ahead from the school. I am aware that I owe you a lot of explanations and I promise you I will tell you-"

Liana opened her mouth, her eyebrows knitted together, but Sirius interrupted her, knowing what she was going to say.

"-But not now. I'll tell you tomorrow morning when we've all had some sleep and know more news on Arthur," Sirius assured her gently. Liana glared at him, her icy blue eyes narrowed. For a minute she didn't say anything and there was a silent stare off between Sirius and Liana, both too stubborn to look away but eventually Sirius glanced down.