Vincent

Chapter Twenty Eight

Ariana Belle

"Viper! Oh my God! Is that you!" Marina squealed running across and jumped into his arms.

"Hey baby girl." He laughed wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

"I thought you went off to Washington!" She gushed kissing his cheek and looked up at him with bright eyes.

"Psst!" Turning around I looked at a confused Quin.

"Why is she hugging a leach!" She growled her fingers curling into fist.

Without realising, I growled in response. "Sorry!" I blushed covering my mouth with the palm of my hand.

"Who is he?" She urged keeping an eye at Viper and Marina as they kept talking.

I could feel his gaze glaring at the side of my head but it was hard to take in.

Here he was, our cousin. Our vampire cousin. Our family seriously couldn't get more messed up.

Squirming I bit down on my lip and glared down at my feet.

"Ariana!"

"He's our cousin! Happy!" I hissed glaring into her eyes.

She gasped and her eyes shot back and forth between them and me. "That's impossible..." She breathed glaring at him.

"Trust me." I sighed running my fingers through my long hair.

Turning back to the bags I pulled out my maxi dress before rushing off to my kids.

"Mariah open the door its me!" After a couple seconds Mariah opened the large wooden door.

Her eyes were wide as she stared straight into my eyes.

"I heard." She mumbled stqring over at Viper. Nodding I walked passed her and up the tower stairs.

"Mommy! Look! We can see ships from here!" Joey laughed jumping into my arms. "Really! Wow that's beautiful.." I smiled setting him back down on the floor. 

"Beau... Tiful.." Zoey breathed trying the word out on her tongue. Smiling over at her I kissed the top of her head before walking back downstairs.

Sitting down next to Mariah I stared out into the ocean. "He needs to leave." She started as she played with the grains of sand.

"I mind linked the pack and Caleb sent half the pack Ari. They're five minutes away. He needs to leave! They'll kill him!" She stressed clenching her jaw.

"Oh honey nobody can kill me." Viper smirked startling us as he sat next to me.

"Hello Cousin. Step-Cousin." He smiled his fangs slightly poking out. Any normal person would think he just had weird teeth but we knew the truth. How deadly those were. To humans and wolfs.

"Viper." I nodded clenching my hands together. My wolf wanted to attack him. He was to close to us. To our pups. But I, my human side. Couldn't even dream of hurting my family.

"Uh hi ... Viper. .." Mariah stuttered playing with the sand.

Rolling his eyes he flicked away a stray piece of his brown hair. "Its Vincent. I swear I can't shake that damn nick name."

"Vincent .... I like it. Its better than viper." I laughed scrunching my nose.

Smiling he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple.

I could feel my body freezing. I didn't know how I would respond. But I smiled as my body relaxed into his and hugged him back.

"I'm so happy we finally got to meet." He sighed in content.