Chapter 111 - Interrupting Her

After the group ordered, they quickly began discussing their initial reason for coming there – business.

Of course, bored by the conversation, Mimi pulled out her phone and played a random game on her phone until the food arrived. 

"Mr. Itou, although our profits raised significantly over the past few months, I believe we shouldn't let our guard down. Many other companies are on the rise and finding other methods to sell their items." Senior Su spoke, her tone clear and professional.

Pulling a set of papers out from her bag, she sets them on the table beside Tobias.

"One way is advertising." She pointed to a set of information on one of the documents. "Recently, companies have been featuring their products in commercials and build boards. If we want to capture the attention of future investors, we could..."

"Shoot, I missed," Mimi muttered bitterly before she restarted her game and continued to shoot the small birds across her screen.

Everyone at the table stared at Mimi as she played on her phone, completely oblivious of their stares - or she didn't care and was ignoring them.

Senior Su stared at Mimi with a dark gleam in her eyes. She somewhat felt like Mimi did that on purpose.

Suddenly a deep husky voice broke her from her stare. "You want us to take in an advertisement?"

Startled by the man's empowering voice, Senior Su looks back at Tobias to see the man was staring back at her, his black eyes coldly tingling through her skin.

"Ah, yes. I've looked into some options we could use and..."

"Anything else?"

"Huh?"

"Is that the only pitch you have?"

"Ah, well no but..."

Tobias's expression remained calm while his eye reflected a sharp, patient glint. "Then let's hear them."

"Oh, right," Senior Su nodded her head in understanding.

That's right. He probably had wanted to hear all her ideas before they decided.

As Senior Su began to pitch more ideas, she along with everyone else began noticing an odd pattern.

Whenever she began to explain in depth one of her plans, the sound of Mimi's game sounded in the background, the young girl muttering a few curses under her breath before she continued.

At first, they didn't recognize anything odd, yet as it happened for the next five pitches they couldn't help but think...was she purposely interrupting Senior Su?

Furthermore, whenever Mimi interrupted the conversation, Tobias would ask to move on to the next pitch not once asking for Senior Su to continue her original idea.

After a while, the food arrived.

Seeing the food laid out before her, Mimi shifted her gaze away from her phone and stared at the food with twinkling eyes.

Placed in front of her was a plate of deep fried General Tso's chicken.

The golden glazed chicken shone brightly under the lit restaurant lights, making it almost appear like a work of art.

The bright red chili peppers decorated neatly against the golden chicken only seemed to highlight the dish even more. Served on the side with everyone's dish was a pot of herbal green tea.

Taking the chopsticks beside her, Mimi took a big piece of chicken and stuffed it in her mouth. A look of bliss and pure satisfaction spread on the gothic girl's face.

After the first bite, she reached for another and quickly began stuffing her face.

Everyone watched as the girl stuffed bite-sized pieces of chicken into her small mouth which, to their surprise, could fit more food than one would expect.

Coughing lightly, Eli diverts their attention from Mimi and asks for Senior Su to continue her words.

Smiling warmly at Eli, a new sense of determination shone within the gorgeous woman's eyes.

"Mr. Itou, as I've mentioned before there are many companies on the rise with newer methods. One being Hiro Corporation. I've looked into it, and it appears they've tried reaching out to other countries for partnerships."

From the beginning, Mimi hadn't listened intently to their conversation, if anything she tried her best to ignore every word escaping their mouths.

It irritated her to no end.

She had no interest in their boring business matters, however, after hearing Senior Su utter the words Hiro Corporation, Mimi's movements froze.

Holding the chopsticks in her hand, Mimi's grip tightened while her eyes turned frosty.

Hiro Corporation...that was the Hirogori family company. Her father's company.

When he saw the dark look and rigged actions of Mimi, Tobias frowned.

"That's why I think it wouldn't hurt if we tried to..."

"That's enough." Tobias's cold voice cut Senior Su off.

"Mr. Itou?" What did he mean that was enough?

Confused as to why he wanted to change the subject again, Senior Su's expression wrinkled.

"I have more pitches, would you like me to move on to the next one?"

"There's no need."

Still confused, Senior Su's head tilts. "Huh?"

Feeling slightly tired, Tobias sighed and ran a hand through his thick, black hair before turning away from the woman to look at his food.

"While we're eating, we won't discuss any business."

Senior Su and everyone else at the table was somewhat surprised by Tobias's words.

Ah? Had their boss always been one to care about such things?

While Senior Su was confused by the situation, Eli and Juno stole a glance at Mimi who still bore a grim expression and understood the reason for Tobias's words.

Of course, it had to do with Mimi.

Seeing as how the unemotional man appeared irritated, Senior Su carefully chose her words and nodded.

"Of course, Mr. Itou."

Tobias lightly grunted in response and leisurely began eating his food.

Occasionally, he would glance in Mimi's direction to see if her dark expression had eased, but in the end, it had only appeared to worsen.

Even as she ate, her movements were slow and bore none of her previous excitement.

What could have happened to make her become so absentminded?

Tobias recalled seeing such an expression on Mimi's face when he first met her. It was the night of the Hirogori celebration event.

Could that have something to do with it? Or was she just irritated by the work talk?

Unable to understand the reason for the girl's sudden change in mood, a dark cloud hung over Tobias's head as a gloomy expression appeared on his face as he ate his food.

While both were lost in their own brooding thoughts, the rest at the table ate with tense movements.

Ah, why did the air suddenly feel so heavy and gloomy!