Chapter 10

I put my sock and shoe on and stood from the desk. As I turned away so Vlad could change, I pulled out my phone to see what was going on.

It was Romeo and Rodrigo.

Rocco and Roberto were ambushed and shot. Robs was superficial but Rocs was in intensive care in our clinic.

We have our own doctors. Don't want to leave records anywhere as evidence.

As I read all this, the office door slams open and in marches Nikolai. He didn't even notice me, he was so angry and focused solely on Vlad.

Nik, "Where the fuck were you? We needed you. The fuckers have joined forces and outnumber us now!! Maxim is ready to cut you. You better have a good fucking reason for missing the ambu..."

Vlad, "Zatknis', pridurok. my ne odni, (shut the fuck up moron. We're not alone)"

Nik, "chto ona zdes' delayet? Maxim uzhe v puti! (What's she doing here? Maxim is on his way!)"

I couldn't stand here anymore. I had to get to my family. Pretending not to understand them, I wave my phone at Vlad,

"What's this? My cousins were shot! Ambushed. Did you know about this? Was it your job to keep me out of the way? Fuck I'm stupid! To think there could ever be anything between us. I'm leaving. And if my cousins die, I swear I will burn you and all you hold dear to the ground!"

I move to the door. Vlad grabs my elbow,

Vlad, "Lexi, please, I had nothing to do with it. I just want to be with you."

I yank my arm out of his grip,

"Don't touch me. Don't come near me. We aren't anything to each other. Whatever we might of been disappeared the moment my blood was shot."

He stares sadly at me but doesn't make a move to stop me. I'm almost at the door when it opens and in comes the leader of the Russian Mob himself, Maxim Ivanov! He's tall, dark and handsome in a harsh way. He sees me standing there and a twisted grin splits his face.

Max, "Zakhvatit' yeye (grab her)"

I have to lock my knees to stop myself from reacting. If I react he'll know I understood him and that'll be worse. So when two guys grab an arm each and haul me behind Max, I give a yelp and let them pull me along.

Vlad runs up and goes to grab me from them but,

Max, "Leave her!"

Vlad, "She's mine. Leave her be!"

I work very hard not to roll my eyes at that. I guess he decided to ignore everything I just said to him.

Max, "No she isn't. She's our enemy. And now our hostage too. Remember who you are Vladimir, and to who you are speaking to."

Vlad stiffens his shoulders.

Vlad, "Fine. I'll take care of watching her. She'll stay with me."

Maxim laughs loudly at this.

Max, "What? Like a fucking guest? No cousin. She'll be locked in the usual room, where there's a nice comfortable bed, so all the men can have a turn between those fine thighs and sweet ass! But I'll be going first. I want to pop that cherry I've heard so much about!"

Maxim was looking in my eyes through his whole speech. I was done. This asshole will die painfully. I looked at his crotch,

"Go ahead pompinara (cock sucker), I'm sure your limp dick won't even hit my hymen."

Max slapped me across the face, causing me to bite my lip and make it bleed. I didn't make a sound, I just spat the blood into his face. He roared in anger and lunged at my throat, but Vlad jumped in front of me.