Chapter 10

You sat back and shut your eyes, rubbing them and gaining control back. 

You put your hands in front of your eyes to check.

Nope not glowing anymore.

"I-no- I-I don't know what you're talking about Tae, my eyes ca-"

"Y/N! Tae! Are you up there? The boat is docked now!" Namjoon's deep voice came from down below. You hurriedly stood up as you heard him start to climb up the stairs.

Taehyung however was still sat in the same spot, staring at you wide-eyed and confused. You bent down and grabbed his hand to pull him to his feet.

"Snap out of it Tae, come on." you pressed, pulling him behind you just as Namjoon got to the top.

"Oh there you are. Come on, I think they want us to get off the boat now" he said before turning around to go back the way he came. You quickly followed behind him, not giving the boy behind you a chance to ask any questions.

When you were all off the boat and onto the dock you noticed two black vans parked on the street at the end.

"Oh crap," Jimin said, coming up beside you, "the manager found us." His tone seeming more amused than scared.

"Of course she did, I swear she works for the FBI or something." Yoongi scoffed, joining you and Jimin where you stood on the dock.

"You guys go ahead, you don't have to explain my presence too, I'm sure it would just cause trouble" you said to Jimin, patting him on the back.

Before Jimin could protest Namjoon stepped off the boat from where he was talking to the captain and came over to you, "She's right Jimin, the manager would have a field day if she knew we spent the day with a girl."

Jimin nodded sadly in agreement with his band leader, reaching over to squeeze your hand.

"I'll see you guys later" you said, pulling a notepad out of your bag, scribbling your number on it and passing it to Jimin, "We'll see each other again, and now you can message me anytime." You smiled at him, hoping it was enough to convince them all to go ahead so you could jump into the ocean and swim home.

"I'll message you!" He said happily, putting the piece of paper into his pocket.

You said bye to each of the boys, trying not to focus on the fact that Taehyung was still staring at you, confusion wracking his face.

When they had disappeared down the dock and into the vans you breathed a sigh of relief.

You went over to sit at the edge of the dock, glancing around to make sure no one was watching before pulling your dress over your head, shoving it into your bag and slipping into the dark water, swimming towards your home.

-------

You woke early to your alarm, groaning and rolling over to bury your head under the pillow. The action caused by the light pouring in through the window or the memories from the night before, you weren't entirely sure.

A few moments later and a few buzzes from your phone had you reaching out from under your protective cover.

You squinted your eyes against the harsh light from your cell phone to see the few messages waiting for you there.

[7:38] Unknown Number: Y/N! It's me Jimin!

[7:46] Unknown Number: It's me again, did you want to come to a party tonight? Let me know!

[7:50] Unknown Number: HEY! Are you ignoring me????

You chuckled at the desperation in his messages, he's so needy.

You scribbled back a response inquiring details on this so called party and then swung your legs out of bed.

After having showered and finished your hair and makeup for the day, you swung open the door to your small closet, picking out a light sundress to wear at work once you got to the main beach.

You shoved your phone into your water-proof bag as you made your way out the back door of your house, you couldn't stop thinking about Taehyung and the kiss you both shared last night. The entire swim to the main beach you were trying to work out how your eyes started glowing last night. You had decided that you would try to pass it off as a weird reflection from the moonlight that was coming in from the skylight, if by chance he decided to bring it up the next time you saw the boys.

Why do I bother making rules if I'm just going to end up breaking them, you thought angirly to yourself. It was your own fault for getting yourself into this mess in the first place.

After having dried off your tail and thrown on your sundress you made your way to work. Pushing open the door to hear the familiar chimes of the bells.

"Y/N?" came the voice of your elderly manager, who was presumably in the "staff room" again.

"Yeah its just me!" you yelled back, dropping your bag in its usual spot and walking behind the counter.

You heard Soon-ja come out from the staff room behind you, listening to the sound of her struggled walk as she made her way around the counter to stand in front of you.

"Y/N, you look different today," she started, narrowing her eyes at you accusingly, "you haven't met a boy by any chance have you?"

You choked on air, coughing before letting out a less-than convincing, "Um, no?"

"Now don't you dare lie to me. I know I haven't known you very long but I see you as my own and yo-"

"Yah! Fine! I might have met a boy yes, but its nothing." You cut her off, her guilt trip working without fail.

Her eyes widened with your sudden outburst, she clearly wasn't expecting you to give up so easily.

You watched her gaze go from shock, to concern, and finally landing on anger. Without a word she turned away from you, half-stomping back to the staff room.

"Foolish girl" she spat, slamming the door behind her.

What the hell was that for, you thought, still staring in the direction of the staff room door, why did she just get so angry?

Deciding that you weren't about to go and ask you turned your attention to the list of orders for the day. Packing them all into boxes and leaving them in the warming cupboard for pick-up whenever the customers decided to stop by that day.

You spotted a yellow sticky note on top of the receipts box.

There was one delivery to be made today, addressed to the hotel. You let out an exasperated sigh at the thought of having to make the long trek to the hotel again.

You found the delivery details on a paper sitting on the desk next to the box, your eyes skimming the order receipt to find who and how much they wanted.

An order of 15 butter tarts and 12  Kimchi-ppang, to be delivered to a Mr. Park Jimin. You rolled your eyes and smiled, this boy really went out of his way to ensure you would be seeing him whether you texted back or not.

You boxed up the order and put them into the delivery bag.

"I'm heading out for that delivery Ajumma" you shouted towards the staff room, pausing for a moment to see if you were going to get a response.

Nothing.

You sighed again and swung open the shop doors.

You couldn't understand for the life of you what was up with her recently. Giving you half a day off, pushing her way into your private life and getting angry at what she discovered. She's worse than your prying mother, you thought, chuckling to yourself.

You went outside to find the shop bike rack empty.

Shit.

You left the shop bike at the hotel last Friday.

Knowing you couldn't swim to the hotel with a bunch of food in your bag you made your way up to the main road to catch a taxi. Seriously regretting not bring the bike back, since this taxi ride is going to take a nice chunk out of your next paycheck.