Chapter 40

Katrin's POV

It has been a week of Kris ignoring me as a wife but acknowledging me as her boss, I have tried everything to get her attention and I'm actually slowly losing hope but I told myself I won't give up on her, on us. Thank goodness Carl have taken what I said to heart since he hasn't contacted me since then.

Kris is visiting our daughter Anne every day during lunch, I wanted to join them but with my father being busy with the investigation I have double the amount of work on my hand now than before, so I don't have the time. And also I haven't done any move to get Kris back, and it seems to me that each passing day Kris and Trish are getting closer and cozier together. I don't even know if they have a history or some sort.

Terry is slowly getting back to being my friend not best friend just friend according to her. She still needs some more time to forgive me from everything but assures me that she always got my back. I wanted to ask her about Kris and Trish relationship I feel like it's not supposed to be my business but on the other hand, Kris is my wife so it should be my business.

"What got you thinking that deep?" Terry ask me making me ump from fright.

"God Terry! don't do frightening people like that!" I said holding my chest.

"Sorry" she said laughing a little.

"You almost gave me a heart attack" I told her going back to my chair but still holding my chest.

"Anyway, what are you thinking that got you so out?" she asks sitting on of the chairs in front of my desk.

"It's just-- nevermind" I said with a sigh and just fix my hair.

"Come on Kat, I know we're not back to being best of friends yet but you can still tell me anything and I'm will always listen" she said with sincerity.

"It's just I seem to feel and see that the FBI agent Trish and Kris are getting too close?" I ask unsure.

"Oh, about them? Why are you jealous?" she teases.

"I mean I do have a right to feel jealous, right?" I ask a bit more unsure.

"Yes you have some rights since you're still married but does Kris think you have the right?" she asks me making me more confused.

"I don't know anymore, I haven't talked to her yet because every time I see her she's with that FBI woman and or ignoring me" I ask putting my head in my hand getting frustrated with the situation.

"If I were you I'll make sure to talk to Kris sooner and about that FBI woman, Yes you have to be jelous, " she said making me quickly look at her with a questioning gaze.

"why?" I ask.

"because my dear lady boss that FBI Agent is Kris', your wife's, FIRST LOVE. So you better hurry and make a move before it's too late" Terry said making me sit straight and look at her with wide eyes.

"whaaat?" I ask shocked.

"Yes, and they didn't have a bad break-up unlike yours" she continued to say.

"Kris and I are still together, we're still married and will remain married forever" I said confidently but inside I'm really scared.

"let's just hope for the best, Good day Ma'am" Terry said standing up and walking out of my office.

What the hell did she just divulged to me? So their closeness isn't all friendly? They really had a relationship in the past? and by looks of it, that woman wants to continue what they had back then. I really have to make a move and quick!