Chapter ten

(Louis' POV)

"What can I get you two for drinks?" The waitress asks, flipping her small note pad open and pressing her pen to the paper. She smacks her gum in her mouth obnoxiously and raises a blonde eyebrow at Alex and I.

"Uh, coke is fine," I say, my eyes quickly grazing over the menu.

"Same," Alex tells her, exchanging a quick glance with me.

"Alright. I'll be right back," the waitress says, turning away and leaving us alone. We're sitting in dimly-lit Paridoso restaurant  at a small table, and there's a few couples around us. It's pretty quiet, though. A couple next to us keeps glaring at us. I hope they don't mind gay people.

It shoudn't even matter, though. This isn't even a date, it's just two guys eating dinner. Two friends eating dinner?  No, wait and friends is an overstatement. I hate him . . . right? I guess you could say we're frienemies.

Are you okay Louis?" Alex asks, making me pay attention to him.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine." I say, giving him a reassuring smile.

The truth is, I'm not fine. I'm so fucking confused that it's ridiculous. I like Alex, but I'm not sure if I can trust him. But Harry? I like him too. I don't think he likes me, though. We're completely different personalities. Also, I'm almost nineteen, and he's only sixteen. Isn't that like, illegal or something?

Alex waves his hand in front of my face, "Hello? Louis? Are you there?"

I laugh and swat his hand away from my face, "I told you that I'm fine."

"You keep zoning out. Somethin' on your mind?" he asks.

I scoff, "I'm out eating dinner with my cheating ex boyfriend, who lives in Ireland, but he's crazy so he decided to come and visit me after my Dad got in a car accident... so yeah, I've got some things on my mind." I say harshly.

Alex frowns, "You're still mad at me? How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?"

I smile, "One thousand times."

Alex moans, "That's going to take forever..."

I chuckle, "Then you better start now." I say, folding my arms over my chest.

Alex rolls his eyes, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sooo sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry-"

"Stop. It's already getting annoying." I say, raising one of my hands.

Alex laughs, "So do you forgive me yet?"

I bite the inside of my cheek, thinking about his question for a moment, and soon come to a conclusion.

"Not quite."

Alex sighs, "Fine. Eventually you'll forgive me."

"Whatever you say." I argue, rolling my eyes.

The waitress comes up and gives us our drinks, "Here ya' go. Two cokes." she says, then she looks back at us. She asks us what we want to eat, and I order chicken Alfredo, and Alex orders some pasta dish I can't pronounce to save my life.

"Okay. I'll be back in a jiffy with that." she says, giving us a fake smile and turning away, disappearing into the kitchen doors.

After several moments of awkward silence, Alex speaks up.

"So, Louis. How's school been?"

"The usual."

"Are you still into that musical-stuff?" he asks.