maybe.

if you're reading this, skip to some of my later oneshots as these are nowhere as near as good as the ones i've produced lately, but if you want to start from the beginning and see my growth over the next few months go right ahead <3

- kami [ october 14, 2019 ]

*** i recommend staring at "it was cold outside" ✨☁️

" i long to exist in the spaces of your heart where no one has ever been."
——————

kaycee gaped as she walked into the studio filled with an ocean of people, piling in.

she stared down at herself, insecurity filling her veins as the anxious thoughts filled her head. a room full of so many people, and it felt as if all eyes were on her.

her hands began to tremble as she carefully set her bag against the wall, sliding down next to it. "calm down, kaycee. you're going to be fine." she whispered to herself as she tried to catch her breath.

suddenly, a hand rested on her shoulder and she was met with a curly haired girl, around the same age as her. "hey, are you okay?"

"yeah, it's just really overwhelming. i've never been to this studio, so i didn't know that to expect." kaycee confessed, taking a sip from her water.

"yeah, i get it. it can be really overwhelming, especially since so many people come to these classes, but don't worry it gets better. " she smiled showcasing her pearly white teeth.

"i'm tahani, by the way." she said as she extended her hand out to her.

"i'm kaycee." she smiled as she took her hand.

"that's so pretty! do you want to stick with me for this class, maybe that will make you feel better? and plus i need more friends." she offered, pulling kaycee up from the floor.

"yeah, i would like that."

"alright, lets go!" tahani screeched as she ran to the front of the room, pushing people out of the way as she pulled kaycee with her.

"oh god, what are we doing in the front? i think it would be better if i stayed in the back." kaycee confesses as she turns towards the back of the room.

"nope! you're staying with me." tahani commanded as she pulled kaycee down to the floor. "come on let's stretch."

once the choreographer came out, kaycee's nerves reappeared. her palms began to sweat and she felt as if she had something lodged in her throat, blocking her from breathing.

but, once the music began and she was learning all the moves, it was as if all her anxious thoughts were never there.

kaycee was like a mirrored image to the choreographer, every movement was almost identical and her passion spilt out with every step.

once kaycee's group finished she slipped to the back of the room where her bag was. she sat on the cold floor, sipping from her water bottle as she watched the second half of the class.

"okay everyone, surround the center of the room because we're going to pick some people to dance for the video!"

as kaycee began to walk towards the center of the room, she felt herself being pushed by the people behind her trying to make their way to the front causing her to fall into someone in front of her.