CHAPTER FOURTEEN ━ PROTECTIVE NEPHEW

(chapter fourteen.) protective nephew
❝ DON'T THROW A KNIFE AT MY AUNT. ❞

 ❞

THE CAPULETS WERE STARING AT THE HARGREEVES, EATING WHATEVER food the younger one brought out of his backpack. They were watching with amusement at the siblings, their eyes trailing back an forth to one sibling to another.

"We need to turn her off," The Capulets immediately looked at Diego when they heard those words leave Luther's mind, referring to their mother. After reading their minds, Poet caught up Paris with whatever started the argument.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, wait," Diego immediately perked up, defensive now that he heard those words come out of his brother's mouth. "She's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in a closet. She feels things, I've seen it!"

"She just stood there, Diego," Luther argued back, "and watched out father die."

"Allison's gonna tell Diego that she's with Luther, right now," Poet whispered to Klaus and Paris, eating a sour patch kid.

"I'm with Luther," Allison said, seconds after Poet. Klaus and Paris grinned at the woman who high fived them. Diego glanced at her when she did so, smiling just a little just for that hint of a smile to drift away when he remembered the situation he was in.

"Surprise, surprise," Diego sarcastically said, looking at her.

"Shut up."

They all looked at Vanya and that's when Paris, knowing the situation of being pressured on who to choose, stood up and walked next to the girl.

"You assholes should look away," Paris glared at them, his colored eyes just as bright as his father's. Poet yelled out "language" after hearing the words and Paris apologized. He turned to look at the two men. "Get your heads out of your asses and just talk about this like men instead of little boys."

Poet snorted.

"I... I don't..." Vanya stummered out, causing Paris to glare at the two men for making her do so.

"Yeah, she shouldn't get a vote," Diego cut her off, getting slapped in the back by Poet. He glared at her, playing with the knife in his hand. Poet stood next to Vanya, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"Maybe you should listen to her dumbass," Poet rolled her eyes, crossing her arms and staring at the man who was not daring to look at her nor the boy in the eyes.

"Wh... I was gonna say that I agree with you," Vanya spoke up, tired of how she was treated by the family. Judging by how Poet treated all of them and how she treated her nephew, Vanya only wished that she was related to Poet instead.