Just Don't Do It Again

The walk to the café was nothing but awkward for Jinook, he wanted nothing more than to talk to Yoongi in person, but considering their current predicament he couldn't bring himself to lighten the tense atmosphere around them. Once they reached the café Yoongi only requested an Americano and grabbed a table at the back of the slightly busy store, leaving Jinook to order both their drinks and wait in the long line.

After waiting around ten minutes he was finally able to order and pick up their drinks, him only ordering a simple hot chocolate which received a strange look from the barista since it almost summer, his time in the line though only seemed to build his anxiety for their discussion. He truly didn't want to ruin their relationship, especially over him being a forgetful idiot.

Placing their drinks on the table and finally taking his facemask off Jinook didn't know how to break the silence, luckily Yoongi didn't care for beating around and the bush, "Why'd ignore me Jinook-ah?"

"Straight to the point huh," he laughed nervously, "I've told you I'm not the best with texting before, right? Or at least I don't do it much. It's easy for me to just turn off my phone and not touch it for days, and I guess I forgot sometimes that other people just don't know that sometimes. It was my mistake and I'm sorry Yoongi, I never would've done it purposefully. I meant when I told you I wanted you in my life, but if you don't want to put up with me being an idiot that's fine, it wouldn't be the first time I've ruined a relationship this way."

"Quit your rambling and jumping to conclusions," Yoongi said before taking a sip from his coffee, his sudden request stopping Jinook from continuing on, "I never said I wanted to stop being your friend, sure I'm a little mad, I don't quite like being ignored, so stop being an idiot."

"Sorry," Jinook whispered as looked into the other man's eyes.

"Just don't do it again," Yoongi sighed, but soon laughed after looking at the pure happiness that was being expressed on Jinook's face, "Stop looking like that."

"Like what?"

"Like the-," he cut himself off quickly as he started to blush, but then continued on smoothly, "Like an idiot, idiot."

"Ooo, that one hurt a little," Jinook laughed.

"Do you want me to go," Yoongi chuckled and gestured towards the door, "Because I can just leave if you want me to."

Jinook only laughed and took a sip of his drink, the comfortable silence between them didn't last for long as Yoongi had another question for him, "So how'd you know it was me?"

After properly understanding the question heat rose to his cheeks as he remembered the conversation he had with his sisters, "Oh, um, well you see, I meet with my sisters the other day and somehow, I don't how, we started talking who I'd been messaging recently. So I mentioned you, and how we started talking, and that I didn't know your first name but knew your last name. Then my sister Hana, the youngest, pointed on that the only Min I knew was Min Yoongi. She then basically called me stupid and claimed that she's the smartest in the family."

"Your sister sure is something," he chuckled, "but I have to agree with her, you sure are stupid."

"I'm not though," Jinook whined.

"I mean-,"

"Agh, stop being so mean Yoongi-yah," Jinook whined and slapped at Yoongi's arm in protest.

Their time in the café didn't last much longer since they had both finished their drinks and didn't find the idea of hanging out in the restaurant, which lead to them splitting from each other outside of the doors.

"I'll make sure to text you later," Jinook shyly chuckled.

"You better," Yoongi threatened playfully, "especially since we're working on this project together, it'd be pretty hard to write a song together if we didn't talk to each other."

"I'll see you later then, I have to go pick up some stuff before I go back to my dorm."

"See ya," Yoongi replied and waved slightly before turning in the opposite direction that Jinook had to go.

After their parting, the smile never left Jinook's face, not even when he had to deal with a rude clerk at the market. Though his heart might struggle with being so close to Yoongi, he was just happy that he was able to be his friend.