Chapter Thirteen

It had been another day of eating lunch alone for Yvo. He had been so used to having her around that it felt so unnatural when she wasn't. If he were honest with himself, he had missed the way he smiles at her, how those two eyes disappear under her cheeks. Her cheeky laughter and her candid personality.

He had passed by her earlier at the hall. It was obvious that she was avoiding him. She pretended she didn't see him and looked the other way when they passed by each other. Yuka was having it rough, he knew. Kanina ay pinanood niya lang sa malayo ito habang naglulunch mag-isa ang babae. It was not the Yuka he was used to seeing. She was in low-spirit, always keeping her head down and never making eye contact with anyone. Pinag-uusapan si Yuka sa buong campus at ang video na lumabas, it had even been making rounds in the internet. She was the topic of every gossip now and it infuriated him that nobody was doing a damn thing about it. He had updated the office earlier about the issue and they told him that they were looking in to it. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa nila alam kung sino ang may kagagawan sa nangyari. He'd even suggested who they should be investigating. This was an elite university and the school take what had happened seriously. Because to him, it doesn't feel like they were.

"Yvo." He heard a voice from behind him as he was busy with sequencing a genome for the latest drug they were researching.

He took his eye off the screen of the monitor and turned to face the man. Tate stood in front of him with hands in his pockets.

"Hey." He gave him an awkward nod. "Ano'ng ginagawa mo dito?"

"Yuka has not replied to any of my messages. Hindi din niya sinasagot ang mga tawag ko." Tate said in a low tone. It was slowly driving him mad.

"Hindi na din kami nag-uusap ni Yuka." Sabi niya.

"Man, I don't know what to do. Paano kung hindi na ako kausapin ni Yuka?"

"I think she just needs a little time to herself." Yvo let out a deep breath.

"Alam mong siya lang ang sineryoso ko ng ganito. I've never been this serious with any woman. Why did you fuck her?" There was an undertone of resentment in his voice. Whether it was for Yvo or the situation they were in, both of them didn't know. Nobody knew who's fault was who.

"I'm sorry..." Yvo felt guilt. If it hadn't been for him, the two would have still be okay. Even though he was drugged at that time, he couldn't help but feel that it was him who had ruined his bestfriend and Yuka's budding relationship. "You know I'd never do anything to ruin your relationship with her. Hindi ko ginusto ang nangyari."

"Goddamn it!" Tate shouted out of frustration. His own bestfriend had slept with her woman. His own damn bestfriend. The easiest thing to do was to put the blame on Yvo, be mad at him, but he was just as much of a victim as them.

"Mahal ka ni Yuka." Yvo quietly said. "Hindi na natin maibabalik ang nangyari, it already happened but if she hadn't been drugged, I don't think she'd want to sleep with any man other than you. Kung anuman ang nangyari noong gabing iyon, it won't change the fact that it's you who she loves."

He was right. It was just sex that had happened between them. There were no feelings involved and none of them barely remembers what had happened. Just pure mindless sex that didn't mean anything.

"I love her too." Tate softly said, his eyes lowering to his feet.

"I know." Yvo took in a deep breath. "If there's anything I can do to fix your relationship with Yuka, I'd gladly do it. Whatever it is. Kung kailangan kong lumayo sa inyo, gagawin ko. No question asked."

"Are you done with your work?" Tate asked.

"Yeah." Yvo shrugged, his eyes averting back to the computer screen. He was nowhere near done but he thought this was far more important right now. Mababalikan niya naman itong ginagawa niya bukas.