𝗶𝗶. chapter two.

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
ii. CHAPTER TWO

KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR ┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

BRIAR FLIPPED A PAGE, nose buried in the muggle novel that she managed to find in one of the lesser known shops in Diagon Alley, she'd had to re-read it a few times, mainly because she didn't understand the Muggle customs and behavior but she found that the main concept was quite familiar to her.

Pride and Prejudice was about a mother who was desperate to get her daughters married off, something that Briar quite understood.

She glanced up from the book once as she turned the corridor, Lucius had been trying to talk to her all day and she'd been rather successful in avoiding him, the teen girl was terrified he would suddenly announce that he'd found her a match and to ensure that he couldn't find her, she'd even volunteered to take up extra prefect duties, patrolling the corridor at night.

It was one of the few duties she enjoyed doing, Hogwarts was a much beautiful and peaceful place at night.

As she walked down the deserted corridor, she paused for a second, certain that she'd heard voices, closing her book and pulling out her wand, she quickly hurried towards the source of the noise.

"Filthy little blood traitor!" a familiar voice was screeching (she recognised it immediately). Briar closed her eyes for a second in exasperation before quickly marching down the corridor where the noises were coming from.

As expected, she saw Bellatrix Black with her wand held out, facing a rather angry-looking Sirius Black.

"What are you two doing?" Briar demanded, quickly stepping in between the two.

Despite usually being rather soft-spoken and understanding among her pureblood peers, there was something about Bellatrix Black that irritated Briar. "Put your wand down, Bellatrix."

Bellatrix shook her head, messy black curls flying around her face. "Just get out of my way, Briar; this won't take more than a minute, the little traitor deserves what he's going to get for shaming our family!"

           The platinum blonde pursed her full lips together, holding back a groan. She glanced at Sirius, noting that he looked more amused than scared at the sight of Bellatrix. "I can't let you do that, Bellatrix; you shouldn't be out in the corridors at this hour, either of you. I suggest you return to your dormitories immediately."

        Bellatrix frowned. "So you're going to take the blood traitor's side, D'Alessio? I expected more from you."

          "I'm not taking any sides," Briar raised an eyebrow at her. "But if you go back to your dormitory now, then I'll consider not giving you detention for the rest of the school year."