C H A P T E R 3

CHAPTER THREE

Nichole

It's been a week since I started working here at Reynolds Builders. It's been actually the opposite of what I thought it'd be like. My work here has been quite hectic but it's understandable because I'm the personal assistant of such an influential and busy man. Other than that, everything's been pretty good.

The office is so cosy and beautiful even though it's open-plan in order to welcome guests. It's my kind of thing. I settled on my chair and twirled it around.

I couldn't stop the silly grin that settled on my face. It's been a week and I'm still so awed by everything.

"Now if you stop smiling like you just won the lottery, will you get me through to Xander's office?" A beautiful red haired woman sneered down at me, but why does she look familiar?

Realization set in. Oh my God, it's freaking Lara Jones, the most popular model in the tabloids. Victoria's Secret specials.

I stood quickly and greeted her with the simplest formal greeting I learnt from the internet.

"Good morning, ma'am, what can I do for you?"

"Well, well, well... You deserve a round of applause for your silly speech. I think you're deaf: I said I need you to get me through to Xander." She looked disgusted with me..

Ugh! What a bitch!

I hurried to call Mr Xander on my landline.

"Hello?" A deep voice answers the phone. My heart skipped a bit. My crush.

"Sir, there is someone here to see you."

"Who?"

"A lady."

"Who is this lady?"

"Ms Lara Jones."

"Oh," he sounded surprised.

"Should I let her in, Sir?"

"Yes, let her in."

"Okay, Sir," he hung up immediately.

I sighed and turned to look at Micky's favourite model. To me, she's a bitch.

Micky is my and Claire's other close friend. She is a rocking girl. The absolute life of the party.

"You may go in... ma'am," I faced her, hesitating to say the 'ma'am'. It's all formality anyway.

She rolled her eyes and went inside. I shrugged and continued arranging files.

***************

It's been two hours since Little Miss Model went into Xander's office. Two whole hours. I can't help but be curious as to what they've been up to.

My mind has been obsessing over several things: bad things. I'm so jealous. She gets to spend more than two hours with my crush! What if she's his girlfriend? No, no, that's not possible. Maybe I should just go and interrupt with a lunch break excuse?

Oh God! I'm definitely insane, that's so lame and childish.

Someone cleared their throat and I turned to see the bitch.

"Have this as a tip from me." She said dropping a hundred dollar note on my desk.

Looking at her closely, I realised that she looks kind of different; her hair is wild though she's trying to use her hand to comb it. Her lipstick has been smudged. Even the way she's walking has changed.

Oh my gosh! They had sex.

I felt my chest tighten at the thought. I tried to stop the tears that threaten to spill out but I could only try. As I watch her leave, the tears started to trickle down my face. What's wrong with me? Why am I even crying?

It's not like we're even together or anything. Yet, here I am, behaving like a heartbroken teenager. This guy is seriously messing with my head, without even trying. Lord!

This is so not you, Nichole. It's none of my business. I'm his assistant, that's all...

But I like him.
Oh shut it, Nicky.

I heard my phone ring and picked up the call without checking the caller ID.

"Hello, Nichole Winston here."

"Hi, Nichole, it's Doctor Michael."

Oh!

"Hey, Doctor, is everything okay? And is dad alright? Please tell me! Please, please, please."

Honestly, I cannot bear to hear any more bad news.

"No, no, relax dear, he's fine but you need to come quickly. It's urgent."

I released a sigh of relief.
"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can." I replied and hung up.

Now I'll have to face him and ask for an early finish after just a week of working here.

I really hope that he doesn't mind much. I really have to go otherwise I'd just have to quit the job.

I braced myself and knocked on his door.

"Come in," his deep, infamous voice rumbled from behind the door.

I entered and saw him sitting on his couch, looking as handsome as he looked this morning. Maybe even more so.

Oh shut it, Nichole. Just ask for permission and leave.

"Are you going to keep staring or actually talk?" He smirked and I blushed.

"Um, Sir, please I really need to go. It's very urgent."

He stared at me for what seemed like an age, and when I was just about to speak:

"Go."

What?

Thank you, Sir."

"Be back by 1pm... I have meeting then."

I nodded. He raised an eyebrow.

"Answer my questions with words, stop nodding. Are we clear?"

"Yes, Sir. Thank you so much!" I replied, making my way out of his office.

Well, that was easy. Maybe he's not so harsh after all. It's time to face the doctor now. So help me lord!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by macattack2001

23-03-2019