19. Slam the door in my face

I liked Fridays, the upcoming weekend was calling me and I couldn't wait to spend it in front of my piano. I had been itching all week to play, it wasn't often that I had some alone time to just get lost in a song. Spending most of my time with Zach or Trevor made it hard to find time to sing.

I walked into history excited to finish the day off right. I smiled when I saw Zach in his new seat on the other side of me. After we finished our projects Zach moved so he could sit next to us, it had only caused us to get more distracted.

"Hey guys." I greeted.

"Hey I was just asking Zach if he was free on Sunday. My uncle is having a not so surprise surprise party and I was wondering if you wanted to join." Trevor asked.

"I don't think I'm doing anything." I smiled.

"Great well Zach is busy so it'll just be the two of us."

I looked over at Zach and he just shrugged. I knew it probably had to do with his mom, I just hoped that everything was ok.

"Are you sure it's ok if I just intrude on your family party?" I questioned.

I really hated just barging in places I didn't belong.

"It's more than ok, but I think I should warn you, my mom is definitely the craziest one but my uncle Dario definitely gives her a run for her money." Trevor laughed.

I smiled, I missed having family get togethers. We never had many but the few we did have were still some of my fondest memories.

"Hey I'm heading out." My brother popped his head into my room.

I looked up from my piano.

"Ok have fun." I smiled.

He nodded and left. My brother rarely just went and spent a weekend away. It was going to be seriously weird having this house basically to myself. Both my parents worked too much and when they were here, my dad was in his office and my mom busying herself with different household chores.

It had only seemed like a few minutes before I heard the doorbell. I figured it was just my brother forgetting something so I made my way down the stairs and threw the door open.

To my surprise it was not Jackson, it was Caitlynn standing on my welcome mat.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

My walls were high and I didn't even know if I wanted to listen to a single word she was about to say.

"I know you probably hate me and want to slam the door in my face but please can we talk?"

I just stared at her not knowing what to say.

"Well actually you don't need to talk, I'll talk, all you need to do is listen and when I am finished if you want to throw me out of your house I won't take it personally."

I nodded. I would hear her out but I wouldn't hesitate to tell her to leave if I needed to.

"We can go upstairs." I told her and stepped aside to let her in.

"Thank you Ella, I know I don't deserve this."

She was right, she didn't deserve my kindness. She didn't deserve for me to open the door and let her in but she was my best friend and I missed her a lot.

I didn't respond deciding to accept her offer of me not having to talk, I'd listen but that's the best I could do right now.

I took a seat in my bed and she sat down in my piano bench.