(99) The Calamity in The Lively Market is Like a Fish in a Pond

"Fire Spirit, Fire Spirit, what do you think of this one?" Chu Qing-Yan felt that she should establish good relations with people by Big Block of Ice's side, so she held a hat and asked for his opinion.

Fire Spirit's eyes were always taking note of the surroundings, at this time when he heard the Little Consort calling him, he turned around to look and immediately, the corners of his mouth twitched, a green hat?

"Good, looks good!" Fire Spirit replied in a tongue-in-cheek manner.

"Really?" Chu Qing-Yan's face spread out in a smile and she immediately stuffed the thing into his arms. "Since you like it, then I'll give it to you, no need to thank me!"

Fire Spirit's eyes widened, looking at the hat that was already in his arms. Who had nothing important to do than to wear a "being cheated on" green hat everywhere? They would be ridiculed by others, okay? Besides, he still hadn't gotten married yet. This was like being cursed by the Little Consort okay!

Chu Qing-Yan just tossed it to him and did not pay any more attention to him, she was still picking out treasures. When she finally finished picking things, she turned around and saw Fire Spirit holding that hat still frozen in place, so she curiously asked, "Fire Spirit, you don't like it? I thought it looked really good ah, in the summer, colors like yellow, pink and green are really eye catching, they also look soothing to the eyes. If you wear these colors on the street, you'd definitely win the women's attention and appreciation!"

Of course it's going to attract many gazes but not ones of appreciation. Instead, ones of disdain and laughing up their sleeves okay Little Consort? But this was what the Little Consort had given him, so even if it was Chinese goldthread (1), he had to choke it down.

"Like it, like it, like it very much." I like it so much I want to die!

As a result Fire Spirit hugged the being cheated on green hat and wanted to cry but lacked the tears.

This was the first time Fire Spirit had received a gift from the Little Consort.

It really was a day worth remembering.

Ah, a green hat!

Walking and stopping along the way, Chu Qing-Yan bought herself and the servants by her side many things. She also bought stuff for Big Block of Ice.

However, when she was about to buy something else for Fire Spirit, he had 'I don't want it' written all over his face. Chu Qing-Yan's mouth immediately twitched, it was rare for Big Block of Ice to give her so much money on this outing. He even told her that if it wasn't enough, she could get more from the housekeeper. She originally thought to give things to the people by her side, a pity Fire Spirit didn't appreciate her kindness. Forget it, she'll just buy stuff for herself.

As she continued buying along the way, she arrived at a place full of people coming and going. Everybody was rubbing shoulders, it was very lively.

And Fire Spirit who had always taken note of the surroundings suddenly saw two black figures flash by on top of the roofs. His eyes narrowed and he instructed the imperial guards from the manor. Then he immediately followed after them quietly.

Chu Qing-Yan and Xi Ning rarely had an opportunity to come out and play, so they naturally weren't paying much attention to the people at their side, moreover it was extremely crowded. They simply wouldn't know if there was one less person at their side.

Chu Qing-Yan held a mask and cheerfully turned around wanting to ask the people at her side's opinion when she discovered that Xi Ning, Fire Spirit and the others were nowhere to be found. There was only a sea of strangers behind her.