The Barista

Beacon Mall. It was something of a mega shopping hub for people around the city of Vale that attracted more than enough people to it's shops on a daily basis. Didn't mean you hated it, but you weren't that much of a fan of it. Despite all that, it was still a place where you got your job and met some pretty cool people. And met her. The young barista from Beacon Coffee on floor 2, Yang Xiao Long.

Despite her, you had a job at Always 17, an off-brand clothing store that you weren't that big of a fan of either. But again, cool people and easy going job. Currently, it was Friday afternoon and it was just around closing time for you as well as Beacon Coffee. From a corner in the store, you could look out the window and see the coffee shop and see her inside, looking just as bored as you did while she was talking to her friend, Blake.

Emerald: You're staring at her again.

Mercury: And you guys say I'm weird.

You groaned and turned back to your coworkers, Emerald and Mercury. While annoying sometimes, they were still cool people and you were more than happy with calling them friends. You walked back over to Mercury and slapped him on the back of the head playfully while doing the same to Emerald after you passed her. Both giving you a glare in response.

(Y/N): I love you guys too.

You grabbed your wallet from your given storage bin for employees and made your way out of the store.

Mercury: Where are you going?

Emerald: Flirting with the bimbo?

(Y/N): She's not a bimbo!

After walking down the escalator, you began skipping every other step to your destination. Things raced through your mind as you thought of what to say, how to say it and how to enact upon it. Emerald has told you that it was best to be direct with that matter considering the history between you and Yang. You two had basically been flirting with one another for seven months since you both started working at the mall.

Finally, the coffee shop was in sight so you craned your neck out to see if you couldn't find the blonde, instead only seeing the raven-haired girl instead. The thought that she went home for the day ran through your mind despite seeing her a few minutes ago. You shook those thoughts out of your mind and went for it.

Blake: Welcome to Beacon Cof-oh. Hey (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hey Blake. Slow day?

Blake: Not slow enough apparently. So, what do you want this time?

(Y/N): Got anything that's tall, blonde and beautiful?

Blake gave you an annoyed look while you just smirked. You were told before that you have had a charming smirk, yet it never seemed to work on Blake before. Not that you ever seemed to mind. She rolled her eyes and was in mid-motion of turning to the back door until it opened and Yang stepped out in all her glory with a sponge in her mechanical right hand and a smile across her flawless face.

Yang: I know I'm sweet but I wouldn't recommend making me into a drink.

(Y/N): Yang! Uh, hey.

You had knew in that quick moment, your entire confident and suave persona had been completely destroyed all through the sight of her. She was known to have that affect on both you and others coming inside the store.

Yang: Don't sound so shocked here, sweetie.

(Y/N): Sorry, thought the angel flew out the window.

Yang: Hey, I'm the manager here. Can't leave yet.

Oh, you knew completely. Despite being nineteen years old, the same age as you, Yang had wiggled her way into a management position within the first three months of her employment. Her work ethic and likability made it easy for her. It also didn't hurt that her right arm doubled as a mixer and could be used to make smoothies and juices whenever the machines were down.