Chapter 4

A couple of weeks has passed, and so far nothing is out of the ordinary. I'm still myself, and nothing can change that. Everything is still normal between jungkook and I. However, it is a bit awkward every now and then when it's just me and Jungkook around. It's just hard to get the idea of me and him being mates out of my head when so many questions keep lingering around in my mind - Is it really Fate that brought us together? Are we really destined to be one? And why?  If Fate is a person, I would say that she's very confusing, complicated, annoying, and ignorant. But still, I try my best to keep it cool. Like my uncle said, I guess I should let it flows since I don't really know what to do.

One night, I was doing my usually things - staying up late and reading mangas. Thirsty, I walk to the kitchen to get some water. It is then when I hear a small whimper coming out from Jungkook's room.

"Hey, Gukkie, are you awake? Is everything alright?" As I gently knock on the door.

But there is no answer. So I try to turn the door knob and the door is opened.

Jungkook is there in his bed, covered in sweat. He seems miserable. It must be the nightmare again.

When JungKook first came into our family, he was greeted by a terrible nightmare almost every night. I knows because we shared the room together. Our parent didn't plan to have any more kid and JungKook was an unexpected surprise so it was natural that the young ones sleep together. I always felt bad to see him suffers like that. And yet I couldn't  do anything to help him. One night, it was so bad, I tried to wake him up before he could hurt himself. But he suddenly opened his eyes and pushed me real hard, I fell down to the floors. His eyes was glowing red and for a moment, I was petrified. Then his eyes turned back to normal and it seemed that he just realized what he had done. He slowly averted back to the wall and cried with his arms tightly wrapped around the knees. I quickly got up from the floor and moved next to him.

"Hey, Hey, it is okay. Hyung is here, there is nothing to worry about!" I tried to comfort him with my arm around his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to," he whimpered.

"Gukkie, it is okay! I'm fine! It's just a nightmare!"

"Do you hate me now? Because I'm a monster?" He raised his head and looked at me in the eyes.

"Of course not! You're my brother! We are a family! And family don't hate each other!" With that saying, he seemed to be a little bit more relaxed.

"Ok, let's go back to sleep shall we? I will be right here to protect you, ok? Do I have to remind you that I am the powerful alpha wolf, Kim Taehyung?" And Jungkook let out a small chuckle

I was glad he finally cheered up and that I was able to help him with his pain. After that, we both lied down on the bed and I put JungKook in my embrace. With the moon hanging way up high in the sky, the silence and peacefulness of the night were, once again, restored. Eventually, our consciousness drifted back to the dreamland as I vaguely remember that someone quietly whisper the words, "Thank you, hyung!"

Years passed, Jungkook grew up to be a handsome young man. He is the star of our school, the top of the class, an talented athlete and well, he exceeds in pretty much everything else. Everyone agrees that he is the golden boy. And although Jungkook is the maknae of the house, I have to say, he seems to have a great sense of maturity and responsibility within him. I guess it's because of what he had been through before he came to us. Even though he said he doesn't remember anything, I know for a fact that there's something on his mind. I tried to ask about the nightmare but every time he would say that he can't really make anything out of it, he just knows that it is something dark and terrifying. I didn't want to dig in any further because I didn't really want him to be uncomfortable. Plus, who am I to judge? I have my own secret, too.
Lately, he has been, I don't know, becoming more of a man? Around me, he would always act all grown and mighty. I mean we still goof around, it's what we do, but something has changed. I can't really explained it but it's there.

And so forth, I haven't seen him this vulnerable  in a while. That horrible dream is still haunting him. Pain is all that expressed on his face, on his uneasy eyebrows, through the sweat, through the small cry, and through the tears running down on his cheeks. I hate seeing him like this. He doesn't deserve this.

"Gukkie-ah, wake up! I'm here, it's gonna be okay!" As I gently shake him out of his nightmare.

Swiftly, he opens his eyes and holds on to me with all his might.
"Hyung.." A small cry escapes his lips.

After a while, he finally calms down. But when I am about to get up and go back to my room, a hand grabs onto the back of my shirt.

"Can you stay here with me hyung?"

I smile at him and gently rub his head

"Ok..."

Just with that, we hug each other through the the night like the old days.

Yes, things might have changed and Jungkook might be grown, but... he will always be the baby bunny I love the most....

———————————————————————

* OMG!!! I got readers. I means it's nothing to be bragged about but I didnt think anyone would actually find my story this early. Thank you guys!!! Feel free to leave any comments!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
**Meme of the day

 Thank you guys!!! Feel free to leave any comments!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️**Meme of the day