Busker

I  was in my feels when I wrote this. Got inspired when I saw a busker when I was walking around the city. 

Please indulge me for a while and listen to these songs , especially the one above (or just read the lyrics as you read if you like) (P.S. I'm an old soul, sorry for the song choices lol)

Nothin' Like You - Dan + Shay

Beautiful Soul - Boyce Avenue version

From the Ground Up - Dan + Shay

All of the Stars - Ed Sheeran 

Can I Be Him - James Arthur

Realize - Colbie Caillat

*****

I could only name a few of my favourite things in the world. The sky, trees, flowers, the sun, coffee, books, the busker who plays and sings songs that perfectly suited my mood and emotions here in my favourite park –and then there's you.

You and your warm brown eyes, your calming voice and your beautiful heart.

I rarely – I don't – let people in, but you, you had effortlessly barged in my heart, taking a seat there, taking care of it as if you own it. You do.

You know how to capture my heart, and as I watch you approach me on my usual bench at the park, nervously gripping the book in my hand, my heart skipped a beat as I noticed what was in your hands and the expression on your face. In your hands were white carnations, and red and yellow tulips, and your cheeks were aflame, smile shy and you couldn't meet my eyes.

I know my flowers, and my heart skipped a beat.

I remember when I first met you

Sipping coffee in a corner booth

You were twirling your hair

And I just had to stare for a minute or two

I was laughing at your stack of books

Then you shot me that smile

Hey beautiful girl, in your own little world

Let me in it

The busker seemed to know what was up, and I had to grin back at my good friend, because that was exactly how you first found the courage to talk to me – in that coffee shop across the park from where I sat, on that table by the window.

You got all of my attention

And you ain't even trying

Yeah, you're my kind of different

And I never seen nothin'

"Hey, Kayc," you called, smile sheepish. With a breath of courage, you held out the flowers. "For you."

I know what the flowers meant, but you don't know I do, so I stayed silent, smiling as I held it up to my nose.

"May I sit down?" you asked nervously.

After a beat, I nodded. I rarely let anyone in, let alone share my favourite bench with, but with you, I will.

*****

Two months and you still have no idea what my heart wanted. You never asked but your actions made up for it, and honestly, I don't mind. I am fine letting you in, letting you have a glimpse of what is in my heart, what is in my dreams, silently hoping you could see yourself there.