Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Declan's POV:

Dark grey clouds take over the sky, heavy with soaked up water ready to be released. The outside air filters through the car's venting system, the temperature a bit chilly today. I've been driving for a little over an hour now, needing to visit her. It's been too fucking long.

Wes sits beside me in the passenger seat, he's nagging with the radio, he legit changes the song every two fucking seconds. It's annoying as hell and it drives me fucking nuts, he knows it too. I swear he does it purposely just to get on my nerves.

Reaching over I turn the stupid thing off because if he were to change the song again, I would no doubt punch him. So this is a better solution.

"Really, what's got your panties in a twist?" He scowls, crossing his arms like a toddler.

I clench the steering wheel, my knuckles turning white. "Pick a fucking song, or don't listen to it at all." I hissed, "Choice is yours."

"Jeez, someone's grumpy," Wes remarks, reaching over and turning the radio back on. "It's because of her isn't it?" He questions.

I glance sideways, then focus back on driving.

"How long has it been?"

"Too long." I mutter, "She called last night, she said she missed me."

Reaching down into the center council, I pick up the pack of cigarettes, pop the lid open and take one out. I put the chemical invested thing in my mouth and light the thing, throwing the pack back down. Inhaling the contaminated air sends feelings of relief to my fucked up head.

Wes leans back in his seat. He then rolls down the window, not liking my smoking habits. "Does she know you're coming?"

"No," I say, releasing a grey cloud of smoke from my mouth. "I want to surprise her."

She was upset last night, so upset I'm pretty sure she was crying. I could hear her quiet sniffles over the phone, she wanted to see me, she missed me. Now I need to make up for it, for making her cry.

Taking another swig of my cigarette, I let the toxic air fill my lungs.

Wes stays quiet, not bothering to answer me. From the corner of my eye, I see his lips set into a straight line. Thinking, no maybe ignoring? I don't fucking know. If it keeps him quiet then I'm not complaining. I don't care if he's my best friend, he can get hella annoying, and certainly strives to irritate me.

After a while longer we reach the town she lives in, a small community. It's kind of dull not going to lie, but it's safe and that is what matters. The houses are decently sized and have a good amount of land.

Getting to the end of my cigarette, I flick it out the window and continue to watch the road.

"Does Ella know about her?" Wes breaks the silence.

"Not yet, I haven't told her," I mumble.

Wes smiles for some unknown reason. "Do you think she's outside? You know how much she loves the outdoors."

I shrug, "Not sure, guess we'll find out."

I pull onto her road, passing a small park with a playground and swings. It must be one old playground since the paint is almost nearly all chipped off. Nobody's there either, probably because of the incoming storm or maybe just because it's kind of creepy.

You can hear the creaking swings due to the wind blowing. Old? More like fucking ancient.

Reaching her driveway, I pull into it immediately taking in the white ranch home with a medium-sized oak wood porch. Through the windows, I can see the dining room lights on. Once my car is parked, I swing open the door and get out.