27 ❀ Nathan's parade

Ezra POV

          Ezra POV

     The forest is, at the moment, my sanctuary. A safe haven of sorts.

     Every since that day with Klepto, I've been going for jogs everyday in the woods in my human form. Sometimes it's more that once or twice, one day it was 11. I went on 11 jogs in one day.

     It's because every time I think about her too much, I immediately go running.

     You would think that a long run would get her out of my mind, and sometimes it does for awhile, other times not so much.

     All I can do is picture her face in my mind, her black hair, the pale skin covering her body. And don't get me started on her wolf, small and lean, fire filled gray blue eyes, and an attitude of mischief.

     Seeing her in her wolf form does something to me. It makes this protective urge rise up in me, stronger than ever.

    It kills me to watch her trot away in the falling snow, snow that still covers the ground in a fluffy, sheeny blanket, snow that crunches under my feet as I weave through the trees.

     Usually snow cheers me up, but this time is different. This time I have a mate that makes me crazy. She distracts me all the time, and I feel a pit form in my stomach every time she makes an appearance in my mind.

     I can't make up my mind about Klepto.

     As soon as I think I'm going to accept her, I hold myself back. That kiss was one of the best things to ever happen in my whole meaningless existence. And as soon as it was over, I shoved her away.

     Because that heavenly kiss made me realize something.

     I don't deserve her.

     The thought hadn't even crossed my mind until our lips disconnected. I realized I was a selfish bastard, and that Klepto McKay is the most beautiful woman in the world, and I have nothing to offer her. I will never be good enough for her.

     Who wants a mate who doesn't know how to show love? How to be sensitive to their needs?

     I am completely clueless as to how to have a mate, and Klepto doesn't deserve that.

     A voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that the Moon Goddess put us together for a reason, but I shove the thought away as fast as I can.

     After going deep into the woods, I get close to the pack border before turning around and sprinting back.

     I try to distract myself in any way that I can, studying the tree branches dusted in snow, the dim light of the sun in the sky behind the clouds, even the chilling wind that blows on my bare arms.

     Please, Moon Goddess! Just give me a good distraction!

     Running slower, I flash my eyes around trying to spot anything that can occupy my distractible mind from my beautiful mate.