Chapter 9

O P H E L I A ' S   P O V

My eyes twitched a little, ready to open up. Due to the extremely soft feeling of my bed and my pillow, they refused to open up just as I snuggled more into the comfy feeling.

My eyes snapped open as I sat up swiftly.

I don't have a pillow.

My hands smoothed over the white sheets on the bed.

I instantly regretted getting up so fast as a pain shot through my arm and a little stinging on my feet.

Little scars and scrapes marked my skin, although it looked to be healing already.

My eyes followed my surroundings, my heart drumming loudly against my rib cage as my eyes zoomed in on the 60-inch television across the room and the grey colour which coated the walls. A large fluffy carpet covered the floor, which complimented the room greatly because of its slightly darker shade from the walls.

There was a single painting above the bed that looked way too complicated to describe, especially with all of the colours splattered all over the canvas.

All in all, this single room was larger than my whole house put together. At least— what used to be my house.

The events of yesterday weighed down on my head once again, causing a massive headache to form. The last thing I recalled was when the guardsman of Mr. Morterez's house threw me in the ground where I remember falling asleep.

That still doesn't explain how I got where I am.

This couldn't be — Levi's house, could it?

Just the thought made me quickly jump off of the bed, frantically dusting off the sheets in the process.

I realised that I was still in my work outfit and lying on the ground outside for about an hour, would surely mean that it was dirty.

I hurriedly picked up the pillow, fluffing it lightly as I constantly pushed back my hair that continued to fall in front of my face, reminding me why I always have it up in a bun.

I frowned, noticing a small dirt stain on the bed.

I placed back the pillows gently, folding the comforters neatly on the bed. I was so distracted that I didn't realise that someone else was in the room.

"Ophelia?" A deep, husky voice spoke from behind me, their voice raspy as if they now woke up.

I squeaked and turned around swiftly, the back of my feet hitting the side of the bed as I craned my neck up to look at the source of the voice.

There stood Levi towering over, only about a foot's distance between us. He was wearing a dress shirt which outlined the ridges of his muscles, along with the very prominent six pack beneath said shirt.

Light bags were situated beneath his eyes, implying that he either had no sleep, or he only just fell asleep. His hair managed to look slightly dishevelled, looking as if he ran his hand through it countless times, frustrated.

My eyes then travel to the tattoos running up both of his arms, since his sleeves were pushed up to his elbow, creating an even edgier look, all making him look ten times more attractive.

My eyes snapped to the rugged floor, feet slightly shaking under his penetrating gaze. Just then, my eyes widened as I looked at the dirt stain behind me on the bed that had been transferred by dress.

My head became dizzy as a few memories came tumbling down on me.

I tried to ignore the confused look that Levi gave me, along with the way my eyes began to sting with unshed tears as I turned around using the heel of my palms to try to remove the mark quickly, hearing my name being called just in the back of my mind.