04 | Reality TV & Jungshook

Jin stirred his coffee slowly while staring into the dark lenses of one of the many cameras set up around the precinct. After checking his reflection out, he decided to question the existence of the cameras.

"The fuck is this?" he asked.

"Someone wanted to film a reality TV show about us," Namjoon said after he had gotten back from talking to a few of the crew members.

"Why the fuck would anyone want to watch that?" Yoongi interjected. "The media has brainwashed people into watching anything. It's the ultimate form of stupidity."

"Officer Min, we're filming," Namjoon whispered to him.

"Oh, in that case," Yoongi began and leaned forward in his seat so that he was staring directly at the camera. "You people have nothing to do with your lives."

Namjoon looked back at the cameraman.

"We can edit that out," he assured.

Namjoon sighed. "Everyone! Just go about your daily lives and pretend the cameras aren't even the—"

"Good morning everyone minus Sarge!" Jimin greeted, sashaying in with a pink faux fur coat on and sunglasses. "I'm ready for my debut as an actor!"

Namjoon paused as he tried to comprehend what Jimin was doing. "Officer Park, I—"

Jimin took off his fur coat and tossed it to one of the cameramen. "Hold this for me, menial peasant."

Jimin's peasant, who was very confused, took the fur coat and left it on the ground.

After ignoring Jimin's actions, Namjoon took in the scene of his precinct, looking awfully impressed. "This is the first western show showcasing Korean officers who pledged to serve this country proudly—amazing."

"That's right, kids. Fuck the police. Be gay and do crimes!" Jin chanted in front of the camera.

"Fuck these guys," Namjoon mumbled to himself.

"Is this on?" Hoseok asked, tapping the lens of a camera that was at his desk. "Hello America, look at me! See, Madeline, I'm not a failure, so I hope you and Chad are having a great—" Hoseok teared up. "—I'm sorry, I need to go," he said, getting up quickly and heading to the bathroom.

"Is he okay?" a cameraman asked.

"He's just being dramatic," Yoongi said, waving him off.

"Where's Jungkook?" Namjoon asked, furrowing his brows.

Yoongi pointed to the corner of the room where Jungkook had his back pressed up against. He was staring at all the cameras with big, bulging eyes like they were the predators and he was the prey.

"He's camera shy," Yoongi explained.

"Jungkook, get your dramatic ass over here and say hi to the viewers," Jin scolded, rousing poor Jungkook to unfreeze and move over to where the cameras were. "Good. Now say something."

Jungkook had a fearful look on his face. "Ding dong," he croaked out.

The camera zoomed in on Yoongi's face. "This is why God left us."

━━━━━━━━

"Where are my glasses?" Jimin asked, reaching around blindly as he walked around aimlessly.

"You lost them again?" Jin asked.

"I haven't gotten new contacts yet so I brought my glasses." Jimin said. "I left them on my desk but they're missing now!"