Chapter 42

Katrin's POV

I'm a wreck, I'm tired and I'm really stupid! After Kris sort of dump me at the rooftop, I remained sitting on the ground crying my heart out and thinking how I just lost the only person who loved me fully. Why did I become so naive and selfish? She was right, she did everything for me even the craziest and the dumbest thing. I had her and now I just lost her.

When I think I already have done enough crying, I stood up and tried wiping my self. I entered the lift and went down to my office, good thing Terry isn't around anymore. I went to my private bathroom and cleaned my face more, I look crazy, makeup smudge all over my face and my hair everywhere. 

I went straight to my car after making sure all trace of me crying is gone and my driver drove us home. I saw Anne still playing with her Nanny in the living so I joined them.

"Hello little Miss!" I said forcing excitement in my voice.

"Mom! Mom!" she said running to me with her little feet.

"Wow, you walk faster now! How's my little pumpkin?" I said picking her up excitedly after she wobbles run to me.

"Play mom! Play" she said pointing to some toys at the floor.

"You want mommy to play?" I ask her to which she nods her little head.

I played with her until dinner time and wash her during bath time then read her princess fairy tales that Kris and Andy usually make a play out off. This was our bonding the four for us eating together with my dad and Terry then I will wash Anne and Kris will do Andy and then we would let the kids lay on our bed and read stories to them as they sleep, sometimes they would make a big deal out of it and wear costumes making my tired day end happily, I miss it.

"Mom okay?" my little dumpling ask as she lays on my chest. I let her sleep with me now because she keeps repeating that she misses her Daddy and Andy.

"Mommy's okay princess" I said kissing her nose.

"Mom cry?" she said holding my face with her little hands.

"Nope, Mommy happy" I said rubbing my nose with hers making her giggle.

"Me miss Ady, Daddy, Mommy" she said after a moment crying a bit.

"It's gonna be okay honey. Mommy will bring Andy and Daddy back, I promise" I said to her wiping her tears.

"Pwomise?" she said holding her little pinky up. 

"I promise" I said intertwining our pinkies together and then kissing her forehead.

After a couple of minutes, I can feel Anne's breathing getting shallow indicating that she's now asleep. I was tired but sleep seems so far away for me, I was debating on whether I should drink or not but slammed that idea quickly when I look at my daughter. I can't be all drunk now since I promised her that I'll bring Andy her Dad back, now I have to think of ways for that. I feel my eyes getting heavier and heavies and the next I know I'm finally sleeping.

I was awoken the next morning by someone knocking on my door. I look at Anne still sleeping comfortably on the bed, I reach for my robe and opened the door slowly making the person stop.

"Dad, what's wrong?" I ask him.

"Andy's missing" he said with so much worry in his face.

"What?!!" I shouted but quickly shut my mouth remembering Anne is still sound asleep.

"Kris is downstairs actually, they have been looking everywhere since this early morning and decided to come here to see if Andy came" dad explained.