Quest 8: The Shining Hoseo- SUN!!!!

Loud

Loud

Very loud

Extremely loud

Officially deaf

Those are the words in Yurei's head as he held a blank face. His head blown to the side by yet another loud yell of his senior.

"EXTREME!!!" The scream being a norm now in the school. But really, it wasn't to Yurei.

Not

One

Bit.

Yurei, however had prepared himself. Going so far as to observe the senior who surprisingly scream his infamous catchphrase at the same time each day.

Six times during his daily jog.

Five times during break.

Eight times around the end of the school.

And a solid ten times when he's in the club.

Yup. The gamer has been prepared and conveniently brought a pair of noise-cancelling earplugs which he have thanked all the gods, were effective.

Now with the earplugs plugged nicely into his ears, Yurei swipe through his phone as he walked around the back of the school building. His eyes staring at his screen but his body was alert to his surroundings.

The boy slowly looked up to the sky.

"Even the sun has its moments where it refuse to shine."

His statement made no sense. A random thought if you put it in a way. For now, he shall observe just how bright can Sasagawa Ryohei shine.

How bright will he shine for him to fall into the darkness.

How bright will he shine as he stepped into the underworld.

Yurei sighed, contemplating his question. Without a moment of further ado. Yurei disappeared behind a stack of cards he had thrown above him. Disappearing to his next target.

******

Reborn is about to kill the next lucky winner who had won the first place on his hit list.

On the table was an open file.

Game Master
You thought you finally got me?
Funny for you to think that.
What made you think that you, a player in my game, on my chessboard, is able to find the king?

Really, Sun Arcobaleno. I greatly advise you not to seek for me. For I shall appear before those who is worthy to be played or is worthy to be helped for my own entertainment.

Want to meet me?
Set up a game. Wager your life, place your life into my hands then I shall appear.

But it seems that the clam have caught my eye. So rest assured that I shall appear soon.

P.S. It's funny to see you fuming at the moment. Do I infatuate you that much, my dear Reborn?

BANG!!!

Quick to read the last message, Reborn was quick to aim his gun at the window and let off a shot and he swore that he heard a barely audible laugh.

Non non non~
Patience is the key, tsk tsk.

We shall meet soon, hope we are not on the opposite sides~

-A/N-
Inhales

Exhales

Inhales

Exhales

I'm extremely sorry. I...

Sighs

My... grandaunt just passed away peacefully yesterday morning on the 25th of May, Saturday.

I hope we can give ourselves a minute of silence to pray for her safe journey. She was a mother, an aunt, a friend and a helper.

Inhales

Exhales

She was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago but my family only found out at the beginning of May.

She looked healthy when I met her during a family reunion in February. I saw a picture of her yesterday that was taken during her daughter's wedding. I didn't think she would look so frail.

I...

I could have met her for the last time if I had asked my aunt if I could attend the wedding dinner as well in Thursday. But I had school the next day so I didn't asked.

I shouldn't have ignored that gut feeling but I did.

She was even supposed to attend her chemotherapy next week but my aunt said she looked too weak. She really struggled to stay alive till her second daughter's wedding as she was her favourite child. Then, she let go.

I didn't think the reunion was the last time I would ever see her.

Tonight... I'm visiting the family to pay my last respect to her.