XXII - Pulchritudinous

Pulchritudinous
pul·chri·tu·di·nous
/ˌpəlkrəˈt(y)o͞od(ə)nəs/
adjective
breathtaking, heartbreaking beauty

🍁

Father? He's Noah's Dad? That's why he looked familiar. Noah resembled him.

"Calm down son. It's only a girl." He wanted to drag his own father away from her that instant. He made it sound like Jess was a toy when he said the word 'girl'.

"Don't call me that." He hissed. "Leave or I'll force you to." He tried to reign in his anger. All the pain, the betrayal, it all came back when he saw his father. He haven't seen him for months which makes him wonder why the hell is he showing up now when he didn't even bother before.

"Not until I talk to you." His father firmly said. "Alone." The bastard fixed his eyes on Jess whom he was embracing protectively. He didn't have the fucking right to fix his eyes on her. He had a feeling this won't end well with the way his father's scheming eyes dart from him to Jess.

"What do you want? I don't have time for any of your bullshit."

"Don't talk to me like that, I'm still your father!" He would gladly go to hell if it meant he could curse his 'father'.

"You stopped being a father the moment you think with the wrong head, don't act so noble now." He spat the words like a venom that was slowly poisoning his body for a long time.

"Don't you talk to me like that! Either you talk to me or I'll tell your little girlfriend about what you did." He warned calmly but you could feel how serious he was. He meant what he said and for once Noah was afraid of his father. Anything. Anyone. Not her.

The moment she heard that they were talking about her she raised her head up from Noah's chest to look at his father. He was not looking at his son, he was looking at her. The evil glint visible in his eyes. He seemed to be enjoying every single part of this.
"Don't fucking involve her in our mess." She could feel Noah shaking with anger. But his face was calm. So calm she wondered how he did it.

His father only laughed. "Don't involve her? In our mess? This is more interesting than I thought." His father's eyes held that vile spark. Smirking evilly as if he knows how to pull the trigger and where to plant the bullet. She realized right then the trigger was her, the gun was Noah and the bullet was meant for her.

"Get out before I make you." Noah held her tightly to him as if he was afraid she would go running or maybe he was afraid his father's words would take her away from him.

"Little girl, did you know your boyfriend killed people?" Killed?

"I said get the fuck out you fucking twat!" Noah's loud voice made her almost cover her ears. His whole body shook with suppressed anger. For once, she was afraid of him. He was looking murderously at his father like any second he would attack and kill him. For once, she wanted to step out of his arms.

His father sneered. Not liking what he said. "Fine. I'll leave. Only because you're not in your goddamn mind to have a decent talk. But think about this son, piece of advice from your father, everyone leaves. And guess what? Right now, it seems that you're the one thinking with the wrong head." With a practiced evil smile, the bastard left them.

He was shaking. With anger. With disbelief. With confusion. He didn't know. But he was raging mad. Because he knew deep inside him, what the bastard said may come true. She might leave. She will leave.

"Noah. Hey." She cupped his face in her hands. He looked at her and saw worry in her eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Did he hurt you?" If his father did more than grip her arm he swore he'd make him pay for it. "Are you okay?" He turned her around, inspecting her, touching her face, holding her arms. When he found a purple patch of bruise on her left arm, he almost, almost, ran after his father. "That bastard fucking hurt you. You're not okay."