Entry #80 (03/23/19)

03-23-19

Dear Future-self,
If you are re-reading this. Did you really took the job for South Star Drugs Bicol? How was your stay there? Was the staff nice and friendly? How's your new job?

It was just the day after I cried so hard out of frustration that I got a sudden call during my lunch break. I did not expect that my jokingly sent application for southstar would be noticed by their HR. It was just how the timing was so on the spot that got me mesmerized. I take this as a sign from the Lord that after the rain comes a rainbow. The night before that, I was sulking. So I was clearly down in the dumps that morning, and it was hard trying to cheer myself up. I even have to listen to motivational songs just so I could muster a smile. I just had enough of everything in Marcela, that made me reached my limit. And on the moment that I was beginning to surrender, the Lord gave me a sign. He gave me a call. A call that said, "I have greater plans for you dear, do not fret." I realized maybe this was the reason why I wasn't able to get into UB. Maybe this is why I had to experience the community setting and work at Marcela. It was all for this great opportunity.

I am quite nervous. Who knows what might happen? But I trust the Lord, and I know He will not do harm upon me. I'm scared, because I'd be going to a land that I am not used to. But I am taking a leap of faith here. I hope that this job would fit me and I can perform well. I hope the people there will be nice and I will make good friends. I hope taking this big risk will be worth it. 🙂

Was it?

Love,
Present-self (22yrs old)