Ron Weasley // The Proposal

You guys are honestly the best!
2k reads already? Thank you soo much, this made my day! I love each and every one of y'all and hopefully I've done justice to all your fantasies of the HP characters.

make sure to vote if you liked this one☆

* * *

I drummed my fingers nervously on the surface of the wooden table and glanced at the clock. Quarter past eleven. He's suppose to be back by now, I thought dreadfully. Or did he say he would go to the Burrow tonight? No, he definitely said he would stay here tonight.

He's a godamn wizard, he'll be fine.

In order to keep my thoughts far from concern of my boyfriend, I abruptly stood up and went to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. Only that, I hoped, would make me feel better. I managed to make it quickly and I thought that Ron would be back by then. Pouring the tea into the ceramic cup, I looked out the window and set the teapot aside and raised the cup to my lips.

Crack.

I set the cup on the granite table and hurried towards the window and saw the familiar figure of Ronald Weasely and his bright red hair on the steps leading to my apartment against the dim street light that Ron apparently seemed to have forgotten to put out using his gift that Dumbledore had given him in his will.

Wait, Ron would never miss an opportunity to use his Deluminator. I groaned loudly as I heard him tread his way upstairs rather clumsily.

He must've reached the door as I heard the door being pushed open. I heard his soft mutter, "Alohameri. Ohalomora. No, what was it?." I breathed a sigh and pointed my wand at the door, "Alohomora."

With a soft click, the door slowly  swung open and he stumbled in. Without asking for an explanation, I made my way towards the door and closed it and locked it and with a wave of my wand, the lights flickered  off.

"Hey, Y/N! You're still awake!" He gathered himself and tried to sound sober but as he spoke I got a sniff of strong alcohol.

"Oh, I couldn't miss the 'Very Late Night Show with Ronald Bilius Weasley', now, could I?" I replied coolly, and grabbed his arm, and dragged him into my bedroom.

"That show sounds interesting. Maybe we should watch it together." Ron drawled, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Watching the show again every weekend is so much of a bother. And today was the season finale, the show's coming to an end." I retorted and opened the door to my room and let go of Ron, who gave a grunt and muttered something under his breath and all I could catch was 'spend time' and 'you'.

I conjured a glass and filled it with an antidote that would lessen his hangover the next morning and thrust it in his direction, "Drink up, you'll feel better." He chugged the whole drink in one sip and began to change silently.

I turned my back on him and made my way towards the washroom angrily and wjen I returned, Ron was dressed in his pajamas. On seeing me, he surged forward and said, "Marry me?"

My cheeks began to burn and my anger ebbed away as I rapidly blinked at him. He was drunk, he didn't mean it. I mean, sure we were dating and yes, I would love to spend the rest of my life with him. I was glad he finally asked me, although he was in a drunk state.

I quietly told him in order for him to think about his decision again, "Ron, go get some rest. Your hangover is going to be terrible tomorrow. You know how strong Firewhisky is-"

He still didn't budge and opened his clenched fist, where sat a beautiful diamond ring, "I've been keeping this safe for a very long time and been saving it for this moment."

"Ron-"

"I love you so much, Y/N. I want to spend my whole entire life with you and I don't care if this sounds like a non-approved pick up line by George." He said in merely a whisper and slid the ring on my finger without getting a reply from me. I let out a small laugh.

"I love you, too, Ron." I smiled up at him, but his eyes rolled over and he fell backwards on the bed and let out a soft snore.

Merlin, this man can fall asleep quicker than Harry flying on a broom during  his Quidditch matches.

I pushed his hair back and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, "Yes, I'd love to marry you."

* * *

Okay so I'm not the only one who imagined Ron Weasley's proposal like this? We all saw this coming alright? A drunk Ron casually asking you to be your life partner forever.

love you all!