Chapter Twenty-One

(For some unknown reason I thought this kind of went with the chapter? I don't know... I think it was the lyric: 'I want you close, I want you closer' leave feedback♥)

As we're walking out of the landscape, I keep thinking about that one fear, was that initiate me? Who am I kidding, of course, it wasn't me! Why would it be?

"So who was the initiate in the fear of being kicked out or whatever?" I question, but all he does is look away, "Eric,"

"That was a new one," he says quietly, still not quite meeting my eyes.

"Who was it though," I wonder aloud, his piercing glare on my face.

"Who do you think?" He snapped, and I shrug my shoulders.

"Listen, you can't get all mad and puffed up because you wanted me to go in, remember?" I said, fully facing towards him, "I understand it was a new fear, and those things happen, all right? All I'm asking is who it is, and I mean if you don't want to tell me, that's fine! Just say so instead of-"

His lips. Are on mine. His hands make their way onto the sides of my face, and his lips are soft on my own. I lose myself in the kiss, pulling him closer to me.

Is this what I've been wanting? Is it? I've denied it over and over again but maybe this is what I've been wanting is him.

One of his hands moves from my face and goes around my waist, pulling me even closer. Eventually, we break apart gasping for air quietly.

"Wow," is all I can manage to say.

My first kiss.

"I'm assuming I wasn't your first," he smirked, and a light blush crawled up my neck.

"Actually..." I drug out and he raised his eyebrows.

"Really?" He looked shocked, "woah, consider me honored,"

"Stop being so cheesy," I giggled before looking back down.

"We can't let the leaders know," he whispered and I rolled my eyes before stepping back.

"I know, dum dum," I laughed as he glared at me.

"We're acting like a married couple," he scoffed as I grinned.

"We already sleep in the same bed," I looked up at him, a serious look on my face, "So what are we now...?"

"Well," he starts, "would you mind becoming my secret girlfriend?"

"Hm," I mumbled, "I don't know... What do I get out of it?"

He bent down, and gently brushed his lips back on mine, but as I try to deepen it he pulls away with a smirk engraved on his face.

"More of those,"

"Well, then of course," I smiled up at him.

"Via," Eric is back behind his mask, which I don't blame him considering we're supposed to pretend as if nothing is going on.

I shakily stand up, following behind him into the simulation room. For the last time.

The other leaders are standing there and Eric motions for me to sit down, so I do. He gets the needle ready and I think about anything and everything to get my mind off of it, breathing in and out slowly. I'm one of the quickest they've got, I might even get first place, that's what I'm hoping for.

Eric stalks over to me, and I turn my neck over to give him more access. I clench my eyes shut before I even feel the needle break skin. I breathe in then out.

The first two were all the same, bugs and spiders and needles, but there weren't any confined spaces. The one I'm in right now is different though.

My feet were carrying myself towards Eric, without my will. We were around a huge crowd, i told myself to stop, not knowing what their intentions were.

"Hey, Eric," I grinned up at him as he stared down at me.

"What is it?" He asked coldly, and I leaned up before kissing him on the cheek.

"You know, I really llike you, like a lot," I know it's fake, but I can't help but try to stop the words from tumbling out of my mouth, my voice slightly disoriented.

"Via," he raised an eyebrow, "what're you going on about?"

"Well, I mean you're just very captivating, ya know?" I giggled.

"You're an initiate, I'm a leader, nothing more."

"What?" I scoffed, "Why did you kiss me last night then, hm?"

Shoot. The leaders. They're watching. Eric's watching. Oh, my word I'm such an idiot why.

Rejection. That's what it is.

"You're nothing more than a foolish initiate,"

The scene changes and I see three people on the ledge, my mother, Raelynn, and Eric.

They each take one step forward, robotically. My eyes widen in realization as I quickly ran over to where they were about to fall.

"No! Somebody, help!" I screamed, before getting there just when they took a step, I fell to the ground.

There was a huge hole, I felt as if someone had shot me a thousand times, it isn't real I have to tell myself repeatedly.

It isn't real.

I can't help but hold them all to me, sobbing loudly, that goes on for who knows how long before I finally gather my senses, and wipe my eyes, standing up.

The scene changed again, and I'm back in my room in Amity.

"Olive," my father stumbled in drunkenly.

He raised his hand to hit me but I ducked under the swinging arm, only for him to kick me in the gut, I winced.

"Don't find it," he slurred, pinning me down on the bed.

But he isn't my father, I know he isn't now.

I thrashed against him, groaning when he would get in a good hit or two.

Eventually, I managed to kick him in the groin and he let off, falling to the ground.

"You did very well, Olivia," one of the male leaders said, nodding to me, and I look around realizing Eric isn't in here.

"Thank you," my voice is far away, and I stand up walking out of the room.

That was horrific, I wonder why Eric left though.

I soon spot him near the chasm, he looked behind him, stiffening up before realizing it's me.

I sat beside him and he relaxed a bit.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He looked and sounded concerned and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why'd you leave?" I asked, and he looked away, his cheeks tainted a fair pink.

"I couldn't, um... I couldn't watch the, uh, last fear, I wanted to pull you out of the... Sim but I, uh, couldn't," he whispered and I scoffed.

"I can take care of myself,"

"I know you can,"

Q:
Favorite sad movie?

A:
Probably either The Fault In Our Stars or Five Feet Apart😭

(Sadly, this book is coming to an end, only two more chapters (Including the Epilogue) is after this, and then I'll be prepping for my next book about Peter Hayes!)