Chapter 8- Marriage Proposal

Moon was peeking into the room of Sahir where he was lying on his bed, scrolling his Instagram feed. Instantly, someone knocked on the door at which he dropped his mobile.

"Dad, the door is open." 

Mr. Sikandar entered the room with a bright smile. 

"What were you doing?"

"Checking my competitors on Instagram."

Mr. Sikandar hummed while relaxing on the bed. 

"How was today's dinner?" Mr. Sikandar asked at which a frown settled on Sahir's face. 

"It was good. Why?" His sixth sense was giving him a red alarm. 

"I saw it when Saba was serving you juice. I also have seen how much you were disturbed because of this incident." Mr. Sikandar said at which Sahir nodded his head.

"Yes, I am disturbed. Uncle Akram was ill, also Saba was disturbed. This thing was making me feel guilty."

"Was it only guilt? Nothing else?"

"What else could it be?" He chuckled and asked.

"No. It shouldn't be anything else." Mr. Sikandar shook his head and replied.

There was silence in the room for some time. It seemed that Mr. Sikandar was in deep thought and this was making Sahir anxious. 

"So Sahir, from tomorrow, we both are going to see your first marriage proposal." 

Sahir took a helpless sigh and nodded his head.

"So, you want to tell me this?" 

"No, my son. The real bomb is yet to blast." Mr. Sikandar chuckled at which curiosity took him.

"What?"

"What about Saba?"

"Dad! She is my student!" 

"She is a girl who is suffering because of you." 

"So, you want me to be a knight in shining armor for her." He asked with bitterness.

"Nah!" Mr. Sikandar frowned. "I know not any man has these guts, especially you. We have to marry you, so why not with the daughter of my friend? Why some stranger's families?"

"Yar, she is my student." Irritation was evident in his tone.

"People who are accusing her because of you don't give importance to this fact, Sahir. This fact can spoil her life. You know our society."

Mr. Sikandar took a deep sigh and added.

"You will always remain guilty which will kill your happiness. But, it is only a suggestion. The last decision will be yours."

Mr. Sikandar stood from the bed and said.

"But what about love?" Sahir asked with helplessness.

"A man came to Hazrat Umar and said that he wants to divorce his wife because he doesn't love her. In the response, Hazrat Umar said, "What about the faithfulness of your wife? So, he wants to say that love is important but loyalty is much more important in marriage. If a person is not loyal to you, he doesn't deserve your love. Take your decision with a calm mind. Allah Hafiz."

Mr. Sikandar said and left the room. 

Leaning against the headboard, Sahir's gaze fell upon the peaceful moon. Instantly, the scene dissolved and the University lawn came in front of him.

Sahir, what are you performing on Literary Night?" A girl was asking him. They both were sitting on the floor with two plates of fries in front of them.