Chapter 17: Rescue

Josh's Pov

I heard her. I heard her voice. She's okay. She's alright. Be still my beating heart. Josh calm down. Breathe. Take a deep breath she is okay. I ran my hands through my hair and her sister stared at me. 

"Bro. Ask her out." She said. I looked at her and shook my head as I grabbed my bag and started loading it with medical things. 

"It's not like that," I said. She scoffed.

"Dude. I can tell you love her. Like, if she doesn't notice it I'm going to be concerned." She said standing up and going over to me. "Ask. Her. Out" She said poking my chest with each word. I pushed her back a bit.

"I have to go. Don't touch me." I said walking out of the room ignoring her yelling at me. Morgan was tortured. She didn't specify how badly she was, but torture was torture. Blood was involved and I'm going to make sure she is okay. 

I kept walking and without Agatha's permission, left the entire building. 

"Morgan. What's your status?" I asked looking around. A habit of mine to make sure I wasn't being watched or followed. 

"I'm okay. Don't worry." She said. How could I not worry? Apparently, I asked that out loud. 

"Josh I'll be alright. As far as I know, I'm just a teammate. right?" She said with a sad tone. I felt a sharp pain in my chest that made me pause in my steps for a moment. I grit my teeth together forcing a lie.

"Right. Is the bleeding slowed?" I asked with a rough tone as my chest tightened. 

"No. Not at all. Hurts like a motherfucker." She said. I felt my breathing get heavy as my heart sped up 

"Just keep going. I'll get you. Once you get out." I said. Right now I was just walking hoping that maybe I was going the right way. 

"Roger that." She said laughing lightly. I heard the sound of metal creaking and she gasped. "How the fuck?" She whispered. 

"What? What's wrong?" I asked looking around worried as if I could see her crawling out of a vent.

"I'm by the dock. The one the cruise ship was at." She said shocked. That building. It used to be our old house of operations until the cruise ship decided to sink somehow. That was still a mystery. 

"That doesn't make sense. How are you there? Nobody has used that since the disaster went down." I said confused beginning to head back to go hijack a car. 

"Well, this entire situation doesn't make sense." She said and I chuckled quietly. 

"I'm coming to get you. Hide and stay hidden until I get there." I said as I got into a black van. These people were stupid. Who leaves their keys on the inside of the car? I grabbed them smirking and I turned the car on. I floored it out of there going as fast as I could. I heard Morgan yelp as I was driving. "Are you okay?" I asked 

"No, not really. This really fucking hurts and I'm beginning to get light headed." She said and I wish I could've sped up faster. I couldn't take her back to base. They couldn't help. I'd have to go to the nearest hospital. 

"I'm almost there. Just stay with me." I said gently. My heart raced at a million miles an hour and my hands clutched the steering wheel tightly to the point my knuckles turned white. I cursed knowing she would have to stay awake for an hour before I could get there. I heard her whimper in pain and I felt a sharp pain in my chest and I slammed my hands on the wheel. What has taken over me? This isn't me. This isn't what I would normally be doing. I'm an assassin. I shouldn't be doing this. 

"Josh. It hurts so bad." She whimpered and I could hear the pain in her voice. My hands shook and my eyes began watering. 

"It's okay. It's okay. I'm here. I'm here with you." I said gently. 30 minutes. Come on you can do this.