The Note

Hello!! I know this has been a long time coming and I wanted to first apologize for my insanely long absence. Life has been very interesting, to say the least. I'll say, not exactly the best of times, but I am back and feeling like my old self again!! I plan on finishing this story up in the next few months (I'm giving myself a big time frame just in case lol). Thank you to everyone that continues to read and support this story. I never imagined it would make it this far and I truly appreciate it :.)

Without further babble, let us begin where we left off...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kakashi entered the village after sunrise. He did not stop at the gate as he moved swiftly to his home. The entire journey back was nothing he wanted to dwell on any longer.

What did I expect, her to wait forever? He thought with a huff as he slipped inside.

He sat on his bed, trying not to think about it any more than he had already. No matter what he did, it would not leave him alone.

"Captain" A voice sounded from behind him

Kakashi jumped quickly to his feet, but relaxed when he saw the uniform.

I can't even protect myself anymore.

"The Hokage has requested you to his office" The ANBU bowed and left

In all his haste to return and disconnect from everything, Kakashi had forgotten to even check-in.

There isn't much to discuss anyway, Kakashi thought as he changed quickly, everything has been secured and I am the last to return.

Kakashi felt the anger grow as he made his way outside. He already knows what happened, what more does he need?

As Kakashi stormed into the office, a cloud of anger surrounding him, he noticed Iruka standing next to the Hokage.

"I don't know what more you need to know," Kakashi boomed, "but everything is as it should be. All areas secured and nothing new to report."

The two men looked upon him without saying anything. Iruka looked to the Hokage, not sure who should speak first.

"Can we please get on with this. I want to be home resting after such an extensive mission" Kakashi remained standing as the two men looked at him

"Have a seat Kakashi" The Hokage quietly said

"No, thank you. I would rather be done with this meeting and return home. Are we finished here?"

Iruka again looked to the Hokage, seeming to be struggling for words.

"If this is all, I am leaving" Kakashi turned to leave, but was stopped by the hand of the Hokage on his arm

"I am asking you to sit" The Hokage was not angry, but a note of force was in his voice

Kakashi pulled his arm away and sat, as the Hokage returned to his seat. Kakashi could feel his anger growing as he sighed loudly.

"Not all is as it should be, Kakashi" The Hokage stated, looking to Iruka

"I assure you it is." Kakashi leaned forward in his seat, "I personally secured each area before moving onto the next and made sure there were no loose ends."

The two men continued to stare at him, making his anger rise more.

"There is nothing amiss, I assure you of that!" Kakashi was yelling now and he did not much care if they did not like it.