LXXVIII

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Ooh, every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure
~ Aerosmith, I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

Avril's POV

Sitting here listening to these boys that now have become my family makes me grateful for everything that has happened in my life from the good, the bad and the ugly.

Kyle, Isla, and Lucas are swiping away on Tinder and making comments about the different profiles.

Devon is in the back of the bus on FaceTime with Caroline and Aaron talking about when they should come and visit, just trying to make co-parenting work.

Then there is Erik, passed out in his bunk.

I woke up a few hours after Erik and I had settled on the couch after I promised to stay up and help him with his work.

All he did was smile at me when I woke up and shake his head before returning to his work.

I knew he didn't care that I fell asleep, but I did.

I felt bad.

This tour was a lot for him and with a European one coming up in the fall, I knew that his few hours of sleep were being cut.

"Don't swipe on him!" I hear Isla yell as she tries to get the phone from Lucas's hands.

"Hey! This is my phone, I'll swipe on who I like when I like."

"He wasn't even attractive," Kyle argues as he gives Isla a soft push.

"But he had a dog!"

I roll my eyes at them as I look back down at my phone and the conversation in the group chat with Kai and Marcus.

I told them about the ring and everything that has happened since the tour started. I told them about how Erik wants me to come on tour with them even though I will no longer be apart of the band and how he's making sure there will be a show in Dublin.

To say my brother is excited is an understatement.

Marcus may be a bigger fan of the band than I am.

"You're all so fucking loud," Erik mumbles as he comes into the common area of the bus heading straight for the coffee.

His hair has grown out a lot since the summer, no longer shaved on the sides, and he can pull it back into a pretty pathetic ponytail.

I reminded him every day before we left to get it cut, but here we are, no haircut and him slicking his hair back every show with the sweat from his performances.

Nevertheless, I love him and can't see myself with any other man even though a few months ago I only wanted to focus on myself.

But with Erik, I feel like I can focus on myself and he will one hundred percent support me. Like if I wanted to go and travel the world for a month to find myself I don't think he would stop me.

He sits down beside me with his coffee in hand and dark circles under his eyes.

"You didn't have to be up for another hour, I would have woken you up for the show," I tell him as I run my fingers through his messy curls.

"It was starting to get super hot and those idiots were screaming bloody murder." Erik shrugs his shoulders and leans back against me, using me as support. "What the hell are they doing anyway?"

"Looking at guys on Tinder in the area."

"Fucking losers."

"Hey, that could be you." I point out to him.

"We are in Las Vegas, there are girls everywhere and all I have to do is tell them I'm a lead singer in a band and instant sex appeal," Erik smirks at me.

Cocky little fucker.

"Why did I agree to marry you?" I question jokingly because I know the answer to that question, there are a million and one reasons I said yes.

"Oh I wanted to talk to you about the wedding, when do you want to pick a date? Like I'm not sure how soon you want it to be like I personally want to wait till after Europe unless you want to get married in Europe."

I sit there and listen to Erik talk about different dates and the numerous things that would be occupying most of our time for the next year or so between our two careers.

I don't want to wait to marry Erik, I know that.

Much like I didn't want us to move into a house officially without us both looking at it and with our schedules, it looked like we would be bouncing back and forth between my apartment and his shared house.

"Wait a minute, why don't we get married now? We're in Vegas and we have our family here." I offer up.

The room seems to quiet at my comment, even the three in the corner stop talking to listen.

"Are you serious?" Erik questions, obvious confusion and concern evident in his voice.

"Yes, I'm serious. We're in Vegas, the home of last minute and drunken weddings. Don't you think it would be fun?"

"Avril, love, have you really thought this through? Don't you want a... real wedding?"

"Erik, I never wanted the white dress or the church and the hundreds of people. I just wanted someone who I could love and trust and I found that. Our love hasn't been the straight line, it's been fast and intense and I truly think a a white wedding wouldn't do it any justice."

"What about my cousins and aunt or your brother and cousin? Don't you want them with us?"

"We can do something later like a backyard party or something with them. Do you not want to get married today?"

"No, it's not that. I don't want you to regret this or be mad at me for this. I want you to have the wedding of your dreams."

"I never wanted a wedding till you and this is the wedding I want."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay, we are getting married after the show." I throw my arms around Erik and bury my face in his neck.

"While you guys are performing Avril and I will look for a dress and at the chapels. Then after the show, you guys will meet us at one, sound like a plan?" Isla calls out from the corner.

"Sounds good to me." Erik says looking at me, "I can't wait to see you in a dress now."

"We should leave now." I look at Isla who nods her head at me and throws me my wallet, "see you in a few hours!"

Isla and I head to the road as she researches where the closest mall is.

I hail a taxi for us as people start to show up for the concert as the gates would be opening in the next few minutes.

"What kind of dress do you want to get? LIke do you want to see if there are any bridal stores at this mall or do you want to get whatever?"Isla asks during the twenty-minute drive, really trying to get a feel for what I want.

"This is the first time I have been impulsive, I didn't even think about it. I just said it."

"Do you regret it?" Isla asks.

I look down at the ring on my finger, "not one bit."

Edited by @GirlReader133