finally

(Draco's POV)
(Italics represent thoughts)
(Three years later)

They had been dating for three years now. Everything was perfect. They had their ups but they didn't have any downs. That was kind of funny to Draco seeing as he thinks he fucks up nearly everything but this... the thing he wanted most in life, just came naturally. Yes, the two had silly arguments over nothing but no serious or bad arguments.

Oh, and Draco had learnt how to use the toaster. Or 'tooster' as it was know in their house.

Harry had made so much progress. No, he wasn't as good as he could be and his PTSD and anxiety were still there but he was better. So much better. Harry wasn't as scared as he was, he didn't have as many nightmares and he felt more comfortable going out in public. Draco was so proud of Harry for so many reasons but one of the moments that made him most proud was when Harry told Draco that he got a job at the coffee shop. Draco was so happy for Harry and he couldn't express how happy and proud he was of Harry. Their love was unconditional and that was the truth. Draco loved Harry more that he could express and Harry loved Draco more than he could express.

So, Draco thought it was time. Whilst Harry was at work, he phoned Hermione. Well tried to, on his seventh try he managed to get through to her.

"Hey, Hermione."

"Hey Draco." Hermione greeted cheerfully.

"I just need to ask you a quick question."

"Sure."

"Which or where is the best jewellers to get a ring?" Draco asked.

"Draco, are you gonna...?" Hermione asked, excited.

"Yeah, in the park, watching the sunset." Draco said shyly.

"Oh Merlin, I can't believe it. This is so great!" Hermione squealed.

"I've been wanting to for ages but I've always backed out."

"I'm so excited! Anyway, the best jewellers in town for a ring would probably be Band Of Promise, it's next to Urban Outfitters."

"Ah, okay. Thank you." Draco said.

"Anytime, see you."

"Bye." Draco hung up the phone. He glanced at the clock and saw that Harry still had three hours left on his shift. He got some shoes on and drove into town. He was walking in front of Urban Outfitters and couldn't see the sign for the jewellers but he carried on walking to where the jewellers was supposed to be, he began to see a sign form.

Ah, a muggle-proof shop.

It was a bit like The Leakey Cauldron. Draco looked around to make sure no-one was watching him and then slipped inside the door. The shop was like Draco's heaven. Everything was organised by type of jewellery, then by type of metal (in alphabetical order) and then by what stone was on the piece of jewellery.

"Anything I can help with today, sir?" A voice asked.

Draco turned around to see an elderly wizard standing behind the counter.

"I'm looking for an engagement ring and I was just wondering which would be the best rings to look at?" Draco replied.

"If you go through that door there," the wizard said, pointing to a door, "there is a room full of rings that you can choose from. There is a section dedicated for your stereotypical engagement rings but I'm sure any would be perfect."