Feelings Suck

A/N: decided to write more. This time, it's from Midoriya's point of view. Will be a part two because it's so long. Also, this is kinda sad.

Izuku knew everything that there was to know about Bakugou Katsuki. It was inevitable since the freckled hero had looked up to the explosive teen since they were toddlers. He'd filled up six notebooks tops with info about his friend-turned-rival, and although they'd had a rocky patch in their relationship he knew that Katsuki cared about them all in his own way. He also knew his favorite color, his favorite food, his favorite brand of toothpaste, and even down to his underwear size (you never know when you're gonna need these things). He knew everything that there was to know.

At least, he thought he did.

When he found out that Katsuki liked other boys, he wasn't as surprised as everyone else had been. After all, he'd never seen or heard Katsuki express any certain interest in girls at all. Kirishima had said it was manly of him to be so confident in his sexuality, and honestly Midoriya couldn't have agreed more.

Finding out (through a rather intrusive game of truth or dare) that Katsuki liked to bottom was...well, he'd admit that he was a lot more shocked by that confession than he'd let on. Katsuki was such an alpha male that he was sure he'd like to be dominant in any and everything he did. Though, it hadn't made anyone change their opinions of Katsuki---except for some curious lads who might have added the blonde to their list of fantasies. Kirishima thought that was manly, too. Again, Izuku agrees. Then, he couldn't seem to shake the thought that it made Katsuki even more powerful.

When Todoroki came out and told everyone that he and Katsuki were boyfriends, Izuku started to realize that maybe he hadn't been paying as close attention to his friends as he'd thought. Admittedly, it wasn't any of his business but in hindsight it had been so obvious that their apparent hate for each other was really just romantic tension. He was happy that they were happy together. Love is a beautiful thing.

Stumbling across the fact that they had quite a...different relationship dynamic was something that he could not have ever prepared himself for. It was an honest accident to have walked in on, honestly, and he hadn't meant to be eavesdropping but he hadn't wanted to interrupt such a tender moment between them, either.

Then again, in hindsight, it shouldn't have been all that surprising. Katsuki was neglected a lot of those loving, coddling moments in his childhood. Mitsuki hadn't even nursed his scraped knees or cuts, telling him to 'nut up, already' whenever he had cried after he had hurt himself. She'd tell him he was too old for that. He didn't get tucked in or read bedtime stories. He didn't get hugs or cuddles. He didn't get rewards or praises---not unless Masaru did so in private and that was seldom to none since he didn't want to incur upon Mitsuki's wrath. In short, Katsuki was forced to grow up fairly quickly. It made him an angry person and it was mostly the reason as to why he was always so guarded. He had the expectations of his mother to uphold---and even if Katsuki were to bring her the moon she'd shrug and ask him where the stars were to go with it.

Mitsuki isn't a bad mother. She did what she thought was best for him. And even though Izuku didn't know her parents, he feels like maybe she was raised that way, too. She and Katsuki are alike in a way that's deeper than their looks.

But, Izuku digresses.

The point is that it would make sense that he'd seek that love and affection in a way of age regression. He carries a lot of responsibility. Shouto wants to make it so that he doesn't always have to.

Izuku appreciates that.

Shouto did, however, make sure that Izuku would keep that to himself. However accepting society may be, he doesn't want to do anything that will damage Katsuki's self-image and trust in him. He doesn't want Katsuki to stop being his little. This is as much a help to Shouto as it is to Katsuki.