003. spider-man

› CHAPTER THREE ‹

› CHAPTER THREE ‹

As Raleigh sat in the backseat with Bucky, Steve shared details of what was about to happen as he drove them to the Leipzig-Halle Airport. According to Steve, Clint Barton—Hawkeye—had agreed to help them while also retrieving "weapons of mass destruction" Wanda Maximoff and someone Raleigh didn't recognize the name of. He thought Steve said the new person's name was Scott, or, maybe, Dott, but he could be completely wrong because he didn't ask for clarification. Apparently, the only person in the car who knew who this new recruit was, was Sam Wilson, but he didn't give Raleigh many details on how they met or what the person was capable of. The most he said about him was that he was a small pain in his ass but would be helpful.

No matter who the new person was, Steve and them would be keeping Iron Man and the other remaining Avengers distracted while Raleigh, Sam, and Bucky would be in one of the buildings searching for their getaway Quinjet. Anything past that was up to how the other side went about things, but one thing Steve made sure Raleigh understood was that he needed Raleigh to stay safe since he was still a minor. It didn't matter how things ended with Steve and his team; because if the time came, Raleigh should be able to tell when that right time was to give up. Steve made it clear that he wanted to keep Raleigh out of the government's hands, which was why he initially hadn't agreed with Sharon about bringing a child into the mix.

And when things went silent in the car, concluding Steve's long speech to Raleigh about health and safety, Raleigh took the liberty to strike up another conversation.

He turned to Bucky, who looked as uncomfortable as Raleigh originally was to be sitting beside him. "So you're the one who shot Nick Fury? That was some scary stuff, my poor twelve-year-old heart was shook."

"That wasn't his fault," Steve said, glancing in the rearview mirror at his friend and Raleigh, "you understand that, right?"

"Yeah," Raleigh nodded, "I'm just trying to make conversation."

Sam laid his head against the headrest. "Maybe not that conversation. Or any conversation."

Raleigh pouted. "But I'm just excited! I've never been in a fight before—" He ignored the sarcastic and sass-filled obviously that came from Bucky. "—I mean, all I've done is stop cars before and help some people."

"You've stopped a car?" Sam inquired, not believing that someone with almost zero muscle mass and weighed about 120-pounds could stop a moving car.

"Mhm." Raleigh straightened up in the seat smiling. "I'd show you now, though I think that would defeat the purpose of a getaway car."

The sign for the Leipzig-Halle Airport zoomed by Raleigh's face seconds before he noticed the large airport through the dashboard over the other cars ahead of them. With just a glance at the building, Steve turned off the highway and followed the signs that directed them to the parking garage, and on the sixth level, they spotted a lone white van. A redheaded woman stepped out of the passenger side, followed by a blond—Wanda and Clint—and Steve pulled their car up beside the two. He and Sam walked towards them, while Raleigh was forced to remain beside Bucky just outside the car due to the firm grasp on his shoulder.