Chapter: 18

Emma

I inhail deeply as I open my eyes and take in my surrounding. It takes my a moment to realize how late it has gotten. I stand up and stretch. I had a feeling I was being watched, what ever it is they had just gotten here. I pretend to not notice and start to walk slowly heading further away from the pack house.

I send a soft breeze to scan the area, to my surprise there was no scent. I was not liking this. I knew that they followed me yet I couldn't do anything since I had no clue to where they were.

I stop and crouch down as if something had caught my attention. I need them to fall for it and attack me. I start to hum, no later their presence was right behind me. Their aura was one of danger, it held a darkness. I ready myself for the attack.

As I stand and turn to face them, one quickly took hold of my arm. It's hand was cold yet for some odd reason no force was used in me. I look at the beings. I couldn't see their face due to the dark  cloke that covered them from head to toe.

"Let me go" I ask calmly

None of them moved. What exactly do they want from me? All they are doing now was stare and observe my every move.

"What is it that you want?" I ask as I face the one who hold on to my arm.

The beings then move and circle me and kneel without saying a word. I was now more than confused, just what was happening? The person holding my arm finally let's go and joins the others.

"Emma"

They all say. There voice held power but none that could affect me and make me coware.

"Who are you all?" I stay still and observe them.

"Who we are isn't important. What we know is." As they stayed kneeling all seven of them took out an object. I waited for them to continue.

"Although your love is pure, love will be your down fall."

"Although a memory can be restored, it can not be changed"

"Evil will always be caught, but in your line it will always remain"

"No war is needed to win a fight"

"Only you can stop those who wish you dead"

As they speak the object they hold glows and create an image. Their word don't make any sense to me but it's a riddle I have to solve.

"Wait why are you telling me this?"

"Don't let your wings be taken, a bird must always fly freely"

Just as they said that in a blink they were gone just like that. I could no longer sense their presence. I make my way to the pack house thinking of what they had said to me.

I need to find the meaning behind this. Just who were these beings. Was this a warning or was it a way of telling me what I should do?

Grandma Joy just what is it that they mean? Have you sent them to me? Are you trying to tell !e something?

No response from her, just the silent night and the forest gental noises.

As I reach the house and walk in only to be tackled to the floor. "Jade don't do that you could have hurt yourself or the baby" Neil scold her as he picks her up gently as if she would brake. "Really why do you have to be so protective now, I mean more than usual. You know what don't answer that." She stuggled to get out of his hold as I stand back up.

"Em I was so worried. You've been out since this afternoon. I though something bad had happened to you." She says as she gave up try to get free. " Sorry I lost track of time." I wasn't going to tell them what I did or what had happened.

I was back and that was all.

"So where exactly is this ball going to take place this time?" I ask as I changed the subject. We walk to the living room where we sat down.

The ball always changes location every three years that it is held. "For the first time it will be held at the palace." Neil said "really?" No one has ever been able to enter the palace, unless it's for an emergency meeting between Alphas.

"Is it true that the Alpha King is over 300 years old?" Jade asked as she laid her head on Neil's shoulder. "Well that is what they say but no one really knows." He said as he stands with a very sleepy Jade in his arms.

" You should go to bed now Em. You both have a busy day tomorrow." He said as he walked out of the room after say goodnight.

I also walk to my bedroom. Sleep was calling me but I really needed to know what those being intended with telling me all those things. I run my hand through my hair and sigh. Why did life have to be so stressful.

I sit on my bed and notice a box on my desk. I walk over to it and open it. In the box was my children's favorite stuffed animal. How could I not recognize the two bunnies. One was blue while the other was pink. The bunnies had my twins names sowed on their ear and the year they were born. There was a note in the box as well.

I thought you might want these. Just to remind you of them. I caught a rogue that had them, I took all the information out of him. Rest assured he believed he had taken the toys of the wrong pups since heard that the pups have no mother.

                                                 ~Neil

I hug the stuffed animals tightly to my chest as I breath in the scent of my little ones. I'm glad nothing will hurt them.

I change into my PJs and get into my bed hugging the two bunnies as I slowly fell the darkness consume me.